2004 Toyota Corolla seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Toyota Corolla:

2004 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments (Page 10 of 10)

Sep 162011

Corolla

The contact owns a 2004 Toyota Corolla. The contact was involved in a crash however, the air bag failed to deploy. The vehicle was towed to the dealer who was unable to duplicate the failure. The manufacturer was aware of the failure. No repairs were performed. The current and failure mileages were 86,000.

- San Jose, CA, USA

Nov 012010

Corolla

The contact owns a 2004 Toyota Corolla. The contact stated that while driving 45 mph, she drove over black ice and crashed headfirst into a drain culvert. The vehicle was flipped onto its roof. The air bags did not deploy. The driver sustained a fractured rib cage, injured bladder and a concussion. The passenger sustained whiplash. A police report was available. The contact and passenger were transported to the hospital via ambulance. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 201,000.

- Lake Placid, NY, USA

Jun 122010

Corolla

The contact owned a 2004 Toyota Corolla. The contact stated that while driving on wet pavement at approximately 25mph, the vehicle accelerated without driver intent. The contact's vehicle was struck by two other vehicles traveling approximately 55mph to 60mph. The air bags never deployed. The Illinois state police and ambulance responded. The contact was taken to the hospital with multiple fractures on the left side of his body and severe bruising. The contact was in the hospital for two days. A police report was filed and the contact had a copy of it. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was contacted and a case was filed. The manufacturer sent an investigator to inspect the vehicle on June 29, 2010. The results of the investigation would not be known for four to six weeks. The failure mileage was approximately 61,000.

- Downers Grove , IL, USA

Jun 122010

Corolla 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2004 Toyota Corolla. While driving approximately 40 mph, the vehicle suddenly accelerated without warning. The contact was unable to maintain control of the vehicle and proceeded into heavy traffic. The contact was struck by two other vehicles and his vehicle came to a stop. The contact suffered injuries to his ribs. A police report was available. The vehicle was towed by the contact's insurance company where he was awaiting further investigation into the cause of the failure. The failure and current mileages were 61,000. Updated 8/2/10 the consumer also stated the air bags did not deploy. Updated 08/09/10

- Downers Grove, IL, USA

Feb 282010

Corolla 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2004 Toyota Corolla. The contact was driving 5 mph into a parking lot when the vehicle accelerated while the contact was depressing the brake pedal. The vehicle continued to idle and crashed into a building pillar although extreme pressure was applied to the brake pedal. The air bags did not deploy. The contact sustained minor injuries. The vehicle started to smoke after the crash. The contact was able to drive the vehicle to the dealer after it cooled down. The dealer stated that he could not repair the vehicle until they spoke with the manufacturer. The manufacturer was contacted and they stated that they would send the complaint to a claim adjuster which could take up to 10 days for a response. The vehicle was still at the authorized dealer when the complaint was filed. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 25,050 and the current mileage was 25,100. Updated 06/29/10 updated 07/23/10

- Chicago, IL, USA

Oct 202007

Corolla 4-cyl

Date 10/20/2007 this Saturday morning at 9:05 am, after mass at the miami archdioceses, I had a most unpleasant experience with my 2004 Toyota Corolla. When I moved to reverse my car from my parking place, I experienced a sudden dramatic increase from the car's idle and a release of the acceleration, causing the vehicle to move backward very fast. I immediately put the car in neutral, but did not stop and then, in a few seconds to forward to avoid hitting any persons or vehicles in my back in the church parking lot. In total about 45 feet backward and forward, perhaps 30 seconds plus in total. I then crashed on the wall of St. Martha rectory. The car was uncontrollable and the front of my car's hood, front doors were badly damaged, (especially the right side, where my sick wife sat ) damages with a preliminary estimate of $ 5864. I have two concerns: A) sudden acceleration when car is started and inability to stop it. B) no air bag system deployment in spite of the strength of the impact and having the entire front bumper of the car destroyed. 2) I have lost my trust in my present Toyota Corolla car (I have had one before and a Camry, and their performance was satisfactory). I would like to have a very careful inspection of our vehicle, its capacity for sudden uncontrollable acceleration, lack of air bag protection, and the like.

- Miami Shores, FL, USA

Jan 302006

Corolla

I was driving my 2004 Corolla through an intersection, when another vehicle turned in front of me. We collided. I was traveling approximately 40 mph before I started braking a couple moments before impact, so I imagine I was going at least 30-35 at the time of impact. Severe damage to the front left corner of my vehicle; it was undriveable after. Complaint: No airbags deployed in my Corolla! the other car was going less than 10 mph when our cars collided, but her airbags deployed. The Toyota website says that airbags won't deploy unless it is a "severe frontal collision". what qualifies as "severe"? no response yet from Toyota dealer.

- Issaquah, WA, USA

Feb 182004

Corolla 4-cyl

I drive a 2004 Toyota Corolla le with approximately 900 miles and rear ended at 1993 Honda Accord. Upon impact no damage was visible or noted on the car in front of me. The driver drove away without problem. My 2004 Toyota Corolla has been extensively damaged with repair costs exceeding $10,000. The two air bags both deployed upon impact and associated damage occurred. It appears to be a manufacturing defect in the 2004 Toyota Corolla. I would like to have opinions and comments.

- Newtown Square, PA, USA