2005 Toyota Corolla seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Toyota Corolla:

2005 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments (Page 11 of 20)

Sep 072015

Corolla 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V286000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN was not available. Updated 02/12/16 the consumer was informed, parts were slowly coming in. Updated 02/23/16.

- Hailey, ID, USA

Oct 232015

Corolla 4-cyl

I am still waiting to have my front airbags replaced by Toyota. They are a danger to myself and any passenger that rides with me in the front seat. My friend who has a Honda had hers replaced two months ago. Why is the NHTSA allowing Toyota to take so long to fix this problem when you know it is life threatening and dangerous issue. Please put pressure on Toyota to fix my car and others' like me who are in the same situation. Thank you

- Santa Rosa, CA, USA

Aug 152015

Corolla

Recieved recall notice from Toyota for air bag replacement on 8/15/2015. They do not have the parts to replace air bag and they don't know when they will get them. I need to be able to use my passenger seat and I can't. I can't even sell the car with this defect.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Jul 152015

Corolla

The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of nhsta campaign number: 15V286000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Montezuma, KS, USA

Oct 222015

Corolla

The light for the air bags reads off and there's a red light on my dash stays on indicating the air bags. There is no passenger or anything heavy in the passenger seat. This just started thurs. Oct. 22, 2025. Normally when the light goes on there is noise that goes off until I remove the heavy item from the passenger seat. This is scary. This happened around 5:15 in the evening after I started my vehicle after it had been parked @ 3 hours. I noticed the air bags light was off and the red light on. I had pulled out from the curb and I thought a door was open. So I stopped to check and it was not.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Sep 022015

Corolla

The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V285000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed for the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Sherman Oak, CA, USA

Oct 212015

Corolla

Takata passenger air bag recall. Notified late July/early August and as of 10/21/2015, the repair parts are still "not available in my area." This seems to be taking excessively long. I can't allow anyone to occupy my front passenger seat.

- Howard Beach, NY, USA

Aug 182015

Corolla

Received recall notice sometime in August 2015 due to airbag defect; 2nd notice in Sept. 2015. I called my totota dealer and phone # on notice. I was told no one should sit in front passenger seat until replaced. Parts are unavailable. Its now been well over 2 months and still unable to correct problem. I was told I could rent a car, $25 per day, but would have to keep rental until car repair was completed, and no time frame on when parts would be available. If I did rent a car, it would have already cost me over $700. What good is having a car that you cannot use when you want to. I already canceled small vacation in September. When I contacted Toyota, all they could say was there is still no time frame on when parts would be available.

- Dover, DE, USA

Jul 102015

Corolla

The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V285000 (air bags) and stated that the part was not available within a reasonable time frame to schedule the recall repair. The dealer did not give a specific date for when the part would become available. The manufacturer could not provide an estimated date for when the contact's vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact was not experiencing a failure. Updated 1/14/16

- Galena, KS, USA

Aug 182015

Corolla

The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V313000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Dover, DE, USA

Aug 032015

Corolla

The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V285000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Snowhill, NC, USA

Aug 082015

Corolla

The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V285000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The VIN was invalid. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Verona, PA, USA

May 312015

Corolla

There has been no remedy to this safety recall issue for several months, and I do not believe Toyota has failed to remedy the defect within a reasonable time. I am submitting a complaint against Toyota. The safety recall is concerning passenger airbag defects that could potentially be fatal.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Jun 012015

Corolla

I am still waiting for this air bag call from you, why so long 917-940-9041 crbrrymrj@aol.com 12410 jersey road, king george, va 22485 please contact me asap

- King George, VA, USA

Jun 112015

Corolla

Received a recall notice in June 2015 stating that their is a problem with the airbag inflator module. It is now October 2015 and have heard nothing else. It states to not use my front passenger seat until the problem is fixed. That is not possible with me since I am a single mom with four kids one has to sit upfront. I believe this should have been found much sooner as should be fixed by now. I am putting my kids in risk every time I have to put one of them in the front seat when we have somewhere to go. I think Toyota should be doing more to fix this problem and faster.

- Plain City, UT, USA

Sep 032015

Corolla

Sept 3rd at 9:42 a.M. I called universal Toyota's service department to set up an appointment to have my vehicle serviced due to a recall I heard about on the radio and confirmed through the recall website. The female who answered stated that they couldn't set up an appointment because they had to order the part but they will call me in a couple of days. Sept 5th at 12:26 P.M. I called again to check on the progress of the order and the same female answered and stated that it will take a couple of weeks, took my phone number, and stated I will be contacted to set up an appointment when the part comes in. I called today, Oct 16th at 1:18 P.M. to the main #, was routed to violeta in the service dept, who stated she had no record of a service ticket or part ordered for my vehicle.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Aug 172015

Corolla

The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V286000 (air bags) however, the part needed to perform the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Amenia, NY, USA

Aug 122015

TL

- Haverhill, MA, USA

Oct 152015

Corolla

The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V286000 (air bags) however the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Frederick, MD, USA

Aug 032015

Corolla 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V285000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure...updated 02/03/16 the consumer stated the air bag was replaced on January 13, 2016. Updated 02/09/16

- Snohomish, WA, USA