2005 Toyota Corolla seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Toyota Corolla:

2005 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments (Page 16 of 20)

Jul 012015

Corolla

The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign id number: 15V286000 (air bags) however, the part needed to perform the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. MA 10/5

- Kansas City, KS, USA

Jul 152015

Corolla

The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Corolla. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V286000 (air bags) however, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Plano, TX, USA

Jul 092015

Corolla

The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Corolla. The contact stated that the notice for NHTSA campaign number: 15V286000 (air bags) was received in July of 2015. After contacting the dealer on multiple occasions, the contact was informed that the parts needed to repair the vehicle were still not available and no estimated time for receiving the parts could be given. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Bossier City , LA, USA

May 122015

Corolla

While driving at 35 mph. Airbag lt. Came on air bag not deployed I have ben driving car for more than 60 days since light stil on. Toyota says no recals on my car they want $100 to pull any codes. Is it safe to continue driving with lt. On ?

- Levant, ME, USA

Jul 122015

Corolla

The contact owns 2005 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V286000 (air bags). However, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Natchez, MS, USA

May 132015

Corolla

The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Corolla. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V286000 (air bags). The contact stated that the dealer invited her to bring the vehicle in for the recall repair. After five minutes, the dealer stated that the air bag was deactivated. The dealer wanted to keep the vehicle until the recall part became available in about thirty days. The manufacturer was notified of the issue and stated that the dealer should not have deactivated the air bags. The manufacturer left it up to the dealer to rectify the issue. The dealer did not reactivate the air bags and did not provide a loaner vehicle to the contact. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Cartersville, GA, USA

Aug 242013

Corolla 4-cyl

I was driving to work and on my way I heard this "click click" sound coming from the driver side dashboard. I didn't know what it was so and didn't see anything. Roughly about three or four more days go by and the annoying clicking started again and then one of the icon on the dashboard lights up. I opened the glove box to get out the manual. The manual had shown that it was the airbag light. I figured since I was due for a oil change at the dealership that would ask them about that light. On August 2, 2013 I went to the dealership to get the oil change. They told me that the lighted icon was about the airbag and said that it needed to be replaced. I asked "how come I need to replace a airbag that I haven't been used yet"" they said that spiral cable had a failure and that it needed to be replaced before I got a inspection sticker or else my car will fail the inspection. I asked the man if it was part of a recall because it didn't sound right to me that a airbag will need replacing even if it hasn't been used. They said no. So I made a appointment for August 24, 2013. I paid $380 for the repair of a spiral cable. I wasn't happy at all. So now July 20, 2015 I get a recall notice about replacing the airbag and which I paid $380 for back in 2013. My first question how do or who do I get my refund for replacing a defected airbag" can you please direct me to the proper place to make a claim because I think that it's unfair for me to loose out on $380. I am very upset because I work very hard to save money. Thank you for your time.

- Haverhill, MA, USA

Jul 162015

Corolla

On Thursday July 16 2015, I received a recall notice in the mail for my 2005 Corolla. It states the malfunction of the airbags and strongly recommends that no one occupies the passenger seat so that if for some reason the airbags deploy, it could lead to serious injury or death. While looking up information about this recall, I found that it originally was recalled on May 13th 2015, two months before I received mine in the mail. I cannot believe that Toyota would wait that long to inform its drivers. On top of this, I made an appointment to have it fixed, only to be told today that Toyota is only sending the parts to the dealerships in small increments. My complain only entails that Toyota is not taking care of this problem in a timely manner. Thank you

- Winter Garden, FL, USA

May 182015

Corolla

The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V286000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Lawrenceville, GA, USA

Jul 182015

Corolla

The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V286000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Fort Myers, FL, USA

Sep 032014

Corolla

The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V286000 (air bags); however, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- North Miami, FL, USA

Oct 202014

Corolla

The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V655000 (air bags); however, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Whitefield, NH, USA

May 032015

Corolla

I was driving northbound in a 2005 Toyota Corolla on avalon park blvd. Ford Fusion heading southbound entered left turn lane and did not slow down. The driver of the other vehicle continued into the intersection and collided with my Corolla on the driver's side door. My head hit the inside of the window on driver's side upon impact and immediately my body jerked to the right. Driver's side airbag did not deploy upon impact. The airbag did finally deploy as my body jerked to the right which caused burns on my left arm. I and the other driver drover our vehicles into the 7-11 parking lot and I called 9-11. Orange county fire & rescue had to extract me from my Corolla and place me in an ambulance. I was taken to Florida hospital East emergency for treatment. Other driver was cited for failing to yield right away. My insurance says my 2005 Toyota Corolla was a total loss. Toyota has been notified and it is being investigated. I am also obtaining a product liability lawyer since the airbag did not deploy upon impact. I am currently going to physical therapy 3 times a week. Also developed dizziness & headaches 2 days after the accident. Crash report: 84901767

- Orlando, FL, USA

May 132015

Corolla

I don't understand regarding the airbag recalls. I just heard that Toyota has recalled more cars and yet I am being told it still is a regional recall. I have a 2005 Corolla and I see it on lists of recalled cars and yet because I don't live in the region my car is not included. If there is a danger, why doesn't NHTSA just order the auto manufacturers to recall everything" what's going on"

- Napa, CA, USA

Apr 152015

Corolla 4-cyl

Front impact crash at an estimated 30 mph. Drivers airbag did not deploy resulting in a concussion and a loss of work for two weeks. This airbag has been recalled in southern states, but not where I live. Updated 05/11/15 updated 05/14/15

- Fishers, IN, USA

Nov 242014

Corolla

I received a letter from Toyota that my passenger side air bag needed to be replaced. I called the dealer and made an appointment. I was told it would take about an hour and a half to complete the work. 20 min. Later I was told that the work would not be done because I didn't live in an area that needed a new airbag. I asked why I got the letter then. I was told they would contact Toyota and give me an answer within 24 hours. I did not hear from them. This last week I got a call from Toyota to tell me that I needed to take my car in to a dealer and have the passenger side airbag replaced. I told the person what had happened before. She assured me that this time the work would be done. She connected me to the dealer and I made the appointment. I took the car in. They called me and told me they needed the car for a longer time due to some communication problems with Toyota. I picked up my car after the service department had closed. I called the next day and asked why the work hadn't been done. They said they didn't have the part needed to do the replacement. They have had my car twice for the same recall and I still don't have the problem taken care of. I feel they should not have made an appointment if they did not have the part. I feel that they are giving me the run around and have no intention of replacing the airbag.

- Edwardsburg, MI, USA

Oct 212014

Corolla

The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Corolla. The contact received a notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V655000 (air bags) in October of 2014; however, the repair had not been performed. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the repair. The manufacturer was aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN was not available.

- Rinton, PR, USA

Nov 282014

Corolla

Recalled front passenger air bag inflator module was disconnected by Toyota of denton, 4100 South I-35 East, denton, tx on November 28, 2014. It has now been 3 1/2 months since air bag was disconnected and at this time the dealer nor Toyota motor sales, U.S.a., torrance, ca know when the replacement parts will be available. More than a reasonable time has passed and we still don't know when the fix will be done.

- Aubrey, TX, USA

Jun 152006

Corolla

The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Corolla. While driving at 15 mph, the brake pedal was depressed but the vehicle accelerated independently. As a result, the contact crashed into a building and the air bags failed to deploy. The contact sustained head, leg, knee, teeth and chest injuries that required medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was taken to an auto body repair center and repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The VIN was included in NHTSA campaign number: 14V350000 (air bags). The failure mileage was unknown.

- Carolina, PR, USA

Sep 292014

Corolla

The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Corolla. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V350000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to perform the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Bo.Coquy Aguirre, PR, USA