2006 Toyota Corolla seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Toyota Corolla:

2006 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments (Page 19 of 19)

Feb 242011

Corolla 4-cyl

2006 Toyota Corolla. Consumer states failure of the central computer and brake failure caused a crash the consumer stated when her daughter applied the brake to reduce her speed to steer around another vehicle, the brakes locked up and steering the vehicle became difficult. Ultimately, her daughter collided with another vehicle. When she attempted to move the vehicle, the vehicle had stalled. Also, the air bags failed to deploy and she strongly impacted the seat belt causing injury to her shoulder. The consumer stated ECU was replaced last April at a cost of $700. A reading of the ECU the following day, showed there was no accident. The consumer believed the ECU may have caused the ABS to lock up. The vehicle was declared a loss by the insurance company.

- Earlton, NY, USA

Aug 132010

The contact owns a 2006 Toyota Corolla. The contact was driving 55 mph when the brakes failed. The contact crashed into the vehicle ahead of her. The contact stated she depressed the brake pedal to the floor but the brakes failed to operate. The air bags did not deploy. The vehicle ahead of her was flipped and landed upside down. There was smoke coming from the front of the contact's vehicle. A police report was available. The contact was removed from the vehicle with the assistance of the fire department. She sustained injuries to the neck and back with additional bruising. The vehicle was destroyed. The VIN was not available. The approximate failure mileage was 60,000.

- Appomattox, VA, USA

Feb 072010

Corolla 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Toyota Corolla. The contact stated while driving 35 mph the vehicle suddenly accelerated and crashed into another vehicle. The contact suffered minor injuries. The contact stated that the accelerator pedal became stuck and caused the vehicle to suddenly accelerate. The failure mileage was 59,276. Updated 05/20/10. The consumer also stated the air bags failed to deploy. Updated evoq 05/27/10 the consumer stated the engine control module was replaced in 2008 due to the check engine light illuminating. Updated 06/01/10. Updated 09/29/10 the consumer also stated the steering mechanism and brake failed on the vehicle. Updated 12/06/10 updated 12/28/10.

- Merced, CA, USA

Sep 252009

The contact owns a 2006 Toyota Corolla. While entering a parking space the vehicle suddenly accelerated without intention. Consequently she rear-ended another vehicle, and then struck a telephone pole. The vehicle was completely destroyed, and none of the air bags deployed. A police report was filed. The vehicle was towed away from the crash site. The failure mileage was 80,000. Updated 12/07/09 updated 12/07/09.

- Derry, NH, USA

Sep 112009

My daughter ran off the left side of the hwy, back across to right side of hwy, into a ditch, hit a culvert, rolled & flipped several times, totaled vehicle, air bags on either side deployed. She was probably running 40-50 mph when she hit the culvert and I can't believe the airbags did not deploy.

- Williamston, NC, USA

Jun 202009

Corolla 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Toyota Corolla. While driving 19 mph, the vehicle drove over a puddle of oil on the road. The vehicle struck a street sign and the guardrail ripped the front fender off of the vehicle. None of the air bags deployed. There were no injuries and a police report was filed. The manufacturer stated that the air bags should have deployed, but they could not assist. The contact feels that the vehicle is very dangerous to drive because the air bags failed to deploy. The current and failure mileages were 52,000. Updated 07/17/09. Updated 07/17/09.

- Painesville, OH, USA

Dec 192008

I got hit (T boned) by a truck on my (driver's) side when the driver of the truck failed to yield. It was severe; my car swirled around for a couple of times. The front of my car was smashed and it was total by insurance company. The most dangerous thing was, my airbag did not even flinch. Big question is, after buying a new car, doing servicing regularly from the dealer and maintaining properly, why the airbags did not open? it might be manufacture's error or the dealer's.

- Woodbury, MN, USA

Aug 082008

My 2006 Toyota Corolla's airbags did not deploy when I had a head on collision. The entire front of my vehicle was smashed to a pulp, and my airbags didn't even flinch. I tried to find out if this was a manufacturer defect or if there was a recall on this so to have it fixed, but have not been able to find anything on this.

- Yuma, AZ, USA

Mar 032008

Corolla 4-cyl

In March 2008, I was the 3rd car in a four car accident. When I was hit from the rear, I was pushed, extremely hard into the car in front of me. I lost conscientiousness when I hit the steering wheel. My air bags never deployed, nor did my seat belt lock up in order for me to avoid an injury. Should Toyota be recalling their 2006 Corollas for re-check and repair. Also, I understand the 2006 Toyota was recalled in 2007 for exterior lighting issues, I was never notified.

- Rohnert Park, CA, USA

Dec 022007

Corolla 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Toyota Corolla. While driving 45 mph in an ice storm, the vehicle slid for approximately half a mile and the brakes failed. The vehicle rear ended the preceding vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. A police report was filed. The current and failure mileages were 32,000.

- Stoughton, MA, USA

Oct 262007

Corolla 4-cyl

Last year we purchased a 2006 Toyota Corolla. We added side air bags. We wanted a safe vehicle for our daughter to drive. Two days ago she was driving a friend to work. A car was parked on the right side of the road. It pulled out to a make a U-turn right in front of her. She avoided a straight on T-bone of the car by braking and swerving to the right. The left front of her car hit the drivers door and side of the other car. She was traveling at 50 mph. The airbags did not deploy. The passenger in her car hit his head on the dashboard- his seatbelt did not tighten and lock in. He suffered a concussion. Both my daughter and passenger suffered body aches and bruising from the collision. At this time the car is at a body shop for estimates on the damage. We will have it also go to the Toyota dealer to determine why the airbags and seatbelt failed to work. We purchased this vehicle specifically for its safety features and are quite dismayed that they failed. We have no confidence in this vehicle now.

- Juneau, AK, USA

Jun 082007

While traveling at a speed of 45 mph an individual pulled out into the middle of the roadway as I was traveling on and I struck them head on in the front driver's side door. Before the crash occurred, I was able to halt on the brakes and slowed the vehicle.. because I was wearing a seat belt I only suffered minor injuries to my neck, chest, and legs. I drive a 2006 Toyota Corolla.

- Chicago Heights, IL, USA

May 132007

Corolla 6-cyl

2005 Toyota Corolla rearended. Idiot light said airbag deployed, but it wasn't. dealer shop said code was thrown, reset system.

- Natrona Heighta, PA, USA

Feb 272007

Corolla 4-cyl

I was heading home from work traveling westbound on I-70 in the left lane and two deers ran in front of me from right to left. I collided with both deers in the left westbound lane, and then veered left and collided with the guard rail. The car sustained severe damage to the entire front and undercarriage and moderate damage to the driver and passenger sides. None of the airbags deployed. I hit my head on the steering wheel and suffered head contusions, head and neck injuries, and bruised my bladder from the seat belt, causing blood in my urine. The car has been declared a total loss.

- Clifton, CO, USA

Sep 202006

Corolla 1-cyl

: the contact stated while driving 25 mph on normal road conditions, the vehicle crashed and overturned. The contact did not remember any thing other than the air bags did not deploy. The contact sustained injuries, and did not know if the police was present at the scene. The vehicle was taken to a junk yard.

- Granada Hills, CA, USA

Aug 182006

Corolla 4-cyl

My husband and I were stopped at a red light when we were hit from behind and knocked at least one car length. We both suffer from whip lash. However my air bag warning light came on and stayed on but my air bags never deployed. What if this had been a head on collision would they have worked then to try and help save our lives.

- Reidsville, NC, USA