2006 Toyota Corolla seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Toyota Corolla:

2006 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments (Page 18 of 20)

Jul 132015

Corolla

The contact owns a 2006 Toyota Corolla. While driving approximately 60 mph, the air bag light illuminated. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V286000 (air bags); however, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The approximate failure mileage was 74,000.

- Houston, TX, USA

Jul 222015

Corolla

I have recieved the recall notice for my 2006 Toyota Corolla. I took my car to the dealership and they informed me that after opening the door panel on the passenger side of my car, that a critical part (a large head bolt) was needed but that they did not have any in stock. They stated (and I confirmed with their customer experience center) that Toyota will only release 5 of the large headed bolts a day to the dealers. The dealership informed me that 128 people were ahead of me in line for this part making it very clear that I would not be able to get the necessay repair done for over 3 weeks. Toyota confirmed that I am expected to drive around with a faulty air bag ststen for over 3 weeks. It is appalling to me that Toyota would put thousands of peoples lives in danger like this by not supplying the necessary parts in a timley manner. How can the government allow this" why are you not doing something about this" I don't want to drive around for over 3 weeks knowing what I know about my car's airbag system. I expect you to do something about this immediatley to avoid large scale negative publicity for Toyota and for your Agency and the lack of oversite on your part.

- Tallahassee, FL, USA

Jul 222015

Corolla

The contact owns a 2006 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V286000 (air bags); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Valrico, FL, USA

Jul 112015

Corolla

The contact owns a 2006 Toyota Corolla. The contact stated that NHTSA campaign number: 15V286000 (air bags) exceeded a reasonable amount of time for repair. The contact reached out to three dealers and they informed the contact that the parts were not available for repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and advised to park the vehicle. In addition, the contact stated that the air bag light was illuminated. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 35,000.

- Miami , FL, USA

Corolla

The contact owns a 2006 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of the NHTSA campaign number: 15V285000 (air bags); however, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time to do the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Suwanee, GA, USA

Jul 212015

Corolla

Received a recall notice from Toyota motor company about the passenger airbag inflation module. Called berglund Toyota in lynchburg, virgina to schedule an appointment to schedule the service. Left 2 messages regarding my call including the VIN number of my car. The dealership has never returned my calls. I will try another Toyota dealer that is 2 hours away and see if I can get something scheduled with them. I would like to think that a recall that states "do not drive your vehicle" if the passenger seat is occupied would prompt the dealership to correct this issue as quickly as possible. I will never purchase or have my car serviced at berglund Toyota in lynchburg, Virginia.

- Monroe, VA, USA

Jul 212015

- Needville , TX, USA

Aug 242014

Corolla

The contact owned a 2006 Toyota Corolla. While stopped at a traffic light, the vehicle was rear ended by an oncoming vehicle. The impact caused a chain reaction crash and the contact's vehicle became lodged underneath the rear of the preceding vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. A police report was filed. The contact sustained neck and lower back injuries, and a pinched nerve in the lower back which required medical attention. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 186,000. MA 10/19/2015

- Louisa, KY, USA

Corolla

The contact owns a 2006 Toyota Corolla. The contact stated that NHTSA campaign number: 15V286000 (air bags) exceeded a reasonable amount of time for repair. The dealer stated that her vehicle would not be serviced until October 2015 because parts were not available. The manufacturer was not made aware of the delay. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Pensacola, FL, USA

Corolla

I received a letter from Toyota stating this is a urgent recall. This is a safety recall notice. Front passenger bag inflators. They strongly recommend we have this remedy performed immediately. I contacted my local dealer 7/20/2015 at 11:20am via phone. He said they were unaware and they noted he ordered the parts and unsure when they will be in but would contact me. I just want a record of this in case something happens and they are aware.

- Bay City, MI, USA

Jan 072011

Corolla

Corolla was stopped in traffic and rear-ended by another vehicle, pushing the Corolla into and partially under the large SUV in front of it that was also stopped in traffic. Corolla was totaled and only the passenger-side front air bag deployed. Neither side airbags or the driver side front air bag deployed.

- Manchester, MI, USA

Jul 082014

Corolla

Took car to dealership regarding air bags, electrical, and engine feeling hot. Check engine light was on....I did not have money for the diagnostic nor the maintenance they suggested.. around $1500. I assumed they checked the airbags, but thought it odd that they did not give me any paperwork. They said everything was fine.

- Winter Springs, FL, USA

Apr 092014

Corolla 4-cyl

The air bag lights come on and off for front passenger side and the beeping won't stop unless I pull the seatbelt out and latch it in place and then the passenger air bag says "airbag off""??" please advise. Thank you. Even if someone is sitting and belted in the front passenger seat, the airbag indicator says off.

- Palo Alto, CA, USA

Feb 012015

Corolla 4-cyl

My dad bought this car new in 2006 and he gave me the car in 2013. This car has hit dear head on in two separate occasions and the airbag never deployed on either occasion. Both car dear crashed happened when my dad was driving. On 2/1/15 I got into my car and was going to go on an errand. I started the car and the airbag light came on and stayed on. My dad checked the error code on the car and found it was B1181 which is the same code you have recalls on the 2010-2011 Corollas. I believe that my airbag failure is a direct result of the earlier 2 collisions, when the airbag failed to deploy during the car-deer accidents, and should be investigated for a possible recall.

- South Lyon, MI, USA

Jan 222015

Corolla

The contact owns a 2006 Toyota Corolla. The contact stated that while driving at low speeds, the vehicle abruptly accelerated and crashed into a median, two trees and came to a stop after crashing into a residential garage. The contact mentioned that the brake pedal was depressed but the brakes failed to respond. The air bags failed to deploy. A police report was filed and no injuries were reported. The contact mentioned the vehicle had three flat tires. The vehicle was towed by a flat bed but was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 17,715.

- Fort Worth , TX, USA

Dec 082014

Corolla

My 2006 Toyota Corolla horn just stopped working one day for no apparent reason. I took it to my local Toyota dealership and I was told that the airbag was faulty and it would have to be replaced. I assumed that it (the airbag) would be replaced at Toyota's expense, because of there many airbag recalls. This was not the case, Toyota is claiming that my vehicle is not on the airbag recall list. So, I contacted Toyota corporate office and of course I received the "sorry we can't help you statement"! this is not a wear and tear item, so how is it possible that Toyota get to choose what airbags should be on there recall list? beware all Toyota owners!!!

- Farmington, MI, USA

Oct 012013

Corolla 4-cyl

Car was rear ended at stop light, air bag lights came on, bags did not deploy, lights stay on. The 2005 model had an air bag recall, the 2006 did not, we believe Toyota should check this out under this recall at their expense.

- Aurora, CO, USA

Jul 132013

Corolla 4-cyl

The red warning airbag warning light came on and stayed on. Nothing happened, the airbags did not deploy but the red airbag light stayed on and is still on today. I called the local Toyota dealership in valdosta by interstate 75 and spoke with a mechanic about the airbag light that was staying on. He told me there was no danger of the airbag being deployed but if I wanted to get it checked out I would have to pay for the work. He assured me there was no danger of the airbags not working properly just because the red airbag light was staying on (on the dashboard). I did not get his name but I trusted his knowledge. Now that the airbag dangerous recalls are in the news I am concerned for possible safety. The red airbag light is still on. I want to know if there is any kind of danger for me. (I purchased this car from the above dealership in early 2007) thank you.

- Valdosta, GA, USA

Nov 172014

Corolla

I was coming up on a curve on an icy road when my back end spun out and I fish tailed and lost control of my car. I ended up in a ditch first head on at full speed, I believe to be around 40 mph and my air bags did no deploy, when I opened my eyes again I was facing the road. I do not know how my car got spun around to face the road, and I do not know why my airbags did not go off. This is not the first accident this car has been involved in, and the last one my airbags did not deploy either and my whole front end was a mess.

- Lancaster , OH, USA

Jun 192014

Corolla 4-cyl

Our Toyota Corolla 2006 had a SRS air bag warning light come on. We took it to the dealership and we were informed that the driver?S airbag module is attached to a spiral cable assembly with electrical connections that have become damaged from turning the steering wheel. The damage to the spinal wire caused the air bag warning lamp to illuminate which means that the air bags may not deploy in an accident. The spinal cord needs to be replaced as well as the entire airbag system. There is a similar issue on other Corollas I believe they are years 2009 and 2010 and so I think this needs to be looked into since it is happening on our vehicle and probably others.

- San Diego, CA, USA