2009 Toyota Corolla miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Toyota Corolla:

2009 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Feb 242010

Corolla

2009 Toyota Corolla has very quick steering.it will move sideways if the driver is not paying close attention.the steering reminds me of driving a 1960 VW.

- Fayetteville, TN, USA

Aug 262009

Corolla

My concern is with the brake recall on Toyota Corollas that was started on August 26th, 2009. First, the recall only applies to 19 states....what about those of us that drive across state lines" or if the car is sold to someone from another state? then it is ok if the brakes fail" we have been waiting since August to hear from them regarding this issue. Second, I no longer believe much (if anything) that Toyota tells us. Therefore, I want you to 1) demand that they recall all Toyota Corollas with the brake problem, and 2) perform your own investigation to be certain that the problem is as they describe it. Thank you for your attention to this matter.

- Durham, NC, USA

Dec 282009

Corolla

The contact owns a 2009 Toyota Corolla. While driving 15 mph the vehicle rapidly accelrated and crashed into a guard rail. No one was injured. The front passenger side sustained severe damage. The contact was able to drive the vehicle home and then to the dealer. The dealer is waiting for an inspector to diagnose the vehicle prior to making any repairs. The dealer has not informed the contact about any repairs or updates on the vehicle. The failure mileage was 22,212.

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Sep 152008

Corolla

2009 Toyota Corolla - gas pedal sticking problem while on the family driveway traveling at about 5 miles per hour, car rapidly accelerated forward after I removed my foot from the gas pedal. Pushing the brake down as hard as I could the car continued traveling forward crashing into my daughter's car, then pushing her car through the right side of the garage door & through the house wall completely damaging my daughter's car (totaled) destroying the garage door while smashing down that portion of the house wall. And then further inside colliding into a large dryer & washing finally coming to rest against an inside house wall beam & concrete. My daughter was almost hit as she was on the other side of the wall when the cars crashed through. We've always maintained that it was Toyota's fault as it was without question, a case of unintended acceleration--the car rapidly accelerated forward on its own, but Toyota insisted it was not the cause of their car. Toyota, at my cost and our insurance company, state farm, made all the repairs to the car--Toyota refused to take liability for involvement with the cause of the accident. So there we were, who could refute mighty Toyota¿they were the premier car company & they made almost perfect cars. Obviously with their 2nd recall in a matter of months that image has now been somewhat dispelled. In speaking with Toyota today I was advised that my Corolla would not be included in their recall as I was advised that the pedal assembly in my car was manufactured in Japan by nipo-denso and not the pedal assembly involved with the so-called sticking gas pedal problem, as that assembly, was manufactured in the United States by cts. While I appreciate what Toyota stated about different assemblies, I can state unequivocally my car accelerated forward even though I was pressing the brake pedal the hold time while the car raced forward.no one incurs such damage pressing the brakes. I would ask for your review and comments

- San Diego, CA, USA