2010 Toyota Corolla miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Toyota Corolla:

2010 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Jan 142016

Corolla

Takata recall. The NHTSA recall number is 16V340. The manufacturer recall number is G1P. My complaint is in regards to the recall effort. Before receiving the official letter from Toyota for this recall, I had taken my car to my local Toyota dealer because for a time the airbag light was turning on and staying on longer than the other lights after ignition. I had heard the news about defective airbags and was concerned. When I took my car in for the first time in early 2016, they told me everything was fine and that there was no need to return unless the light stayed on during trips. When I asked them if it was safe to have someone sit in the front passenger seat, they said it was fine. Then, months later, when I got the recall notice from Toyota, the letter clearly stated that, I should not have anyone sitting in the front passenger seat. When I took my car in again, they said they were still working on a fix and that it could take months or perhaps even years. Apart from the fact I cannot use my front passenger seat for people, the most infuriating part of this is that I was told by people at my local Toyota dealer (before receiving the official recall notice), that I could safely have people in the front passenger seat. In addition, I have driven for months concerned about an airbag in my car which could harm or kill me or other people in my car. Slightly before learning about the defective airbags, I was involved in a single-car crash with a yellow safety post in a subterranean parking lot entrance in January 2016 (fender bender). While my front bumper had to be repaired, no airbags were deployed at the time.

- Paramount, CA, USA

Aug 272016

Corolla

Takata recall-I live in South Florida. I believe this requires that I be one of the first to receive it. We have been waiting too long.

- Pembroke Pines, FL, USA

Dec 252016

Takata recall

- Oak Park, IL, USA

Jan 152012

Corolla

Takata recall. Gas pedal becomes stuck with floor mat when car is in motion. We have had to remove floor mat for safety. Removal of floor mat has caused wear and tear on floor board covering.

- Rosenberg, TX, USA

Dec 282015

Corolla

Car was T-boned by other car & all airbags deployed causing injury to people in vehicle

- Santa Ana, CA, USA

Sep 132016

Corolla

I will start by saying that I have a Toyota Corolla 2010. On Friday September 13,2016 while I was driving in a street about 20/30 mph my car started accelerating by itself, I tried to stop by pressing the brake, but the car kept going, then I moved the handle on parking, the car wouldn┐T respond until I pull the hand brake. I immediately called Toyota and explained to them what happen. Quickly they sent a tow truck to pick up my car to see what was wrong. They gave me a loaner for the day. The person at the dealer told me they will contact me the next day and we could take it from there. Nobody called so around 3pm I called asking they said they haven┐T hear from corporation and they didn┐T know. I ask about the loaner car. They said not to worry about it. The same thing happens the next day. I called they say not to worry about the car and that they will call me if they have any news on my car. On Friday around 4:50 the service manager called me and said that Toyota corporation had concluded that there is nothing wrong with the car. They said I could pick up my car and pay for the rental car and the inspection of the car. I would like to know if any of you or know someone who had something similar happened. I am terrified to drive the car and so frustrated the Toyota had decided that there's nothing wrong with the car. I don┐T know what to do about it. I have grandkids who gets in the car also my job requires me to drive patients in my car.

- Santa Maria, CA, USA

Jul 012010

Corolla

To Toyota : sending out an interim recall notice #16V-340 saying you are preparing a remedy is not satisfactory this recall has been ongoing for months and a remedy should have already been completed. Toyota had plenty of time to prepare this remedy. Advising owners not to drive vehicle with passengers in front is certainly not conducive when you only have one vehicle to use. You should provide another vehicle in the meantime.

- Birmingham, AL, USA

Apr 132014

Corolla

While driving on route 30 East in pa, I experienced a scenario where I was on cruise control and pressed the brake. The car continued to accelerate at its speed and subsequent pressings of the brakes did not slow the car. I shifted the car into neutral and the brakes still were not slowing the car enough. I had to drive into the left shoulder and grass beyond that in order to slow the car down enough to let other cars pass so I could go into the right lane. The next business I took my car to the dealer and after driving 7 miles and looking for error codes, reported that they "could not reproduce the issue". my car already had all the fixes for the unintended acceleration issue that Toyota had a number of recalls for done in December 2013. This issue needs to be further investigated by Toyota because if the reported fixes do not work, then there could be a significant number of accidents/fatalities yet to come. I never had experienced this issue before.

- Quakertown, PA, USA

Feb 022011

Corolla

I was parking my car Wednesday evening. As I was about to finish parking my car, the engine out of nowhere made a loud vroom and accelerated on it's own as I was pressing the brake. The car hit a snow bank which stopped the car. Fortunately no one was injured.

- Mineola, NY, USA

Nov 012010

Corolla 4-cyl

2010 Toyota Corolla. Consumer expresses discontent regarding recall the consumer stated a recall was issued June 20th and he still hasn't been notified.

- Lincolnton, NC, USA

Jun 082010

Corolla 4-cyl

2010 Toyota Corolla. Consumer expresses discontent regarding recall issues the consumers wife is afraid to drive the vehicle sue to all of the news reports regarding the accelerator problems.

- Burlington, NJ, USA

May 282010

Corolla 4-cyl

S10 appropriate handling- courtesy copy of letter from sent to Toyota re safety issue with Toyota Corolla 2010 Toyota Corolla. The consumer learned that an advanced brake override system had been developed for the 2010 models and it is currently being installed in all Corolla's now being manufactured. The consumer stated when he inquired about having it installed in his vehicle, he was told it was not available for Corolla's manufactured before the system was developed. The consumer stated he will not feel safe driving the vehicle until the unit is installed in his vehicle.

- San Francisco, CA, USA

Apr 022010

Corolla 4-cyl

2010 Toyota Corolla. Consumer expresses discontent over Toyota defects and recalls. The consumer stated she no longer feels safe driving the vehicle and would like for Toyota to buy the vehicle back.

- Rutland, VT, USA

Mar 312010

Corolla

I have owned my new 2010 Corolla for six months. Today, my technician found the crank sensor was leaking oil. Toyota dealer will examine my car this evening. I see that in 2006, this Toyota part was recalled on the echo. I am suspicious that this later model is failing in the same way.

- New Richmond, WI, USA

Mar 262010

Corolla

S10 appropriate handling re Toyota vehicle problems. The dealer replaced the entire pedal assembly, but the consumer is still afraid to let her daughters drive the vehicle and therefore, it has been sitting in the driveway.

- Unknown, DC, USA

Mar 162010

Corolla

Ltr fwd email fm (oh) re recent media attention re Toyota braking and sudden unintended acceleration, fm owner of a 2010 Toyota Corolla. The consumer purchased the vehicle for her 16 year old daughter, and is now concerned for her safety.

- Gahanna, OH, USA

Mar 132010

Corolla

Failure of the manufacturer to come to the assistance of the consumer.

- Tarpon Springs, FL, USA

Nov 082009

Corolla

2010 Toyota Corolla. Consumer states sulfur odor in the cabin of the car within the first month of ownership. In addition consumer states she is scared to drive the vehicle due to the latest recall related to the accelerator system.

- Roxbury, MA, USA

Mar 012010

Corolla

2010 Toyota Corolla. Consumer purchased vehicle under the car allowance rebate system. Consumer states dissatisfaction with universal Toyota non compliance with the cars requirement to scrap trade in vehicles. The consumer asked the Toyota salesperson who handled the details of the purchase, about the estimate of the scrap value for his trade-in vehicle. The salesperson stated they were not doing anything about it, because the federal government owed them for several trade-in allowances.

- Schertz, TX, USA

Feb 262010

Corolla

2010 Toyota Corolla requesting information the consumer wanted to know if her vehicle was effected by the recall" can the vehicle still be driven and when should she take it to the dealer" recall 10V017000. Updated 03/08/10

- Unknown, DC, USA