2010 Toyota Corolla seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Toyota Corolla:

2010 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments (Page 2 of 8)

Oct 292016

Corolla

Takata recall it has been months since Toyota sent me a recall notice for the airbags in my 2010 Corolla. As of today (Oct 29,2016) there is no fix available. This is unsatisfactory. I drive 500 miles a month on the interstate with my wife.

- St. Joseph, LA, USA

Sep 192009

Corolla

The recall was announced in may, 2016. It is now nearly November. The car may not be safely driven with a passenger. The failure to even offer the repair of a dangerous defect in 7 months, let alone repair it, is unacceptable.

- Laguna Hills, CA, USA

Jun 012016

Corolla

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Toyota Corolla. The contact stated that the recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags) was received in June of 2016. After contacting the dealer and the manufacturer on multiple occasions, the contact was informed that the parts needed for the recall remedy were still not available and no estimated time for receiving the parts could be provided. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Studio City, CA, USA

Aug 222016

Corolla

We have been notified by Toyota that we live in a region of the us (san diego) which is particularly prone to failures of the takata airbag inflators. We were notified over two months ago and told that the period of extreme danger to occupants of this vehicle is right now. We have not been given a data or time of repair of this life threatening problem and Toyota, despite knowing of this problem since 2004 has not offered us a solution. This is an NHTSA recall number 16V-340.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Jun 232016

Corolla

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Vancouver, WA, USA

Dec 282015

Corolla

Car was T-boned by other car & all airbags deployed causing injury to people in vehicle

- Santa Ana, CA, USA

Oct 242016

Corolla

Takata recall what is a reasonable amount of time to wait for repairs and if replacement parts continue to not be available, alternative remedies need to be provided. Selling a defective vehicle is not a remedy because who would knowingly purchase a car with such defects. Please put pressure on Toyota to handle this problem asap.

- Walnut Creek, CA, USA

Jul 012016

Corolla

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V340000 (air bags) and 15V689000 (visibility). The parts needed for the repair were not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect, VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Columbus, GA, USA

Oct 242016

Corolla

5 months have passed and so far I have not received a 2nd letter indicating to take my car for the airbag recall issue. I visited the Toyota dealership already a couple of times but I've been told that there is "no remedy" for my car. I live in miami Florida, so the temperature variations and humidity is a fact of life. I'm very worry about all of this. What is time frame that Toyota should do this airbag recall. Safecar.gov indicates " recall incomplete. Remedy not yet available " when I ran my VIN. Not sure what to do.

- Miami, FL, USA

Corolla

It has been five months since I received the interim notice, Toyota still did not send me the remedy notice. I called them many times but they told me to wait. I think they took too long for repair! we are not able to use the front seat. They expect until next year!

- San Jose, CA, USA

May 202016

Corolla

Takata recall. Have a 2010 Toyota Corolla that has recall on the passenger airbag. I have a family of 4 and it is inconvenient and almost impossible to have everyone sit in the back seat. I have called the manufacturer and the dealership and asked when will the part be fixed. They said it could be months. I have waited months. I asked for a loaner car and they said no. They tell me to have my family sit in the back seat. I don't feel safe driving my car and on top of that I am still paying for this car. I feel like I am paying for half a car. It is ridiculous! I feel the manufacturer or dealership should give me a loaner. I don't feel safe when someone is in the front seat and sometimes it is impossible to follow the recommendations to have the passengers sit in the back. All of my family does not fit in the back seat. I need my car fixed now or I need a loaner until the dealership can fixed my car. I feel the manufacturer and dealership are lacking in trying to solve this problem. It is not the consumer fault for this recall. They need to solve the problem now! the consumer safety depends on it.

- New Braunfels, TX, USA

Oct 212016

Corolla

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags). The part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN was unavailable to verify part status.

- Rockdale, TX, USA

Corolla

I was notified May 23, 2016 of the defect and told to not have someone ride in the front passenger seat. I was also told Toyota was preparing a "remedy" and I would be contacted when this "remedy" became available and my vehicle would be fixed. I have heard nothing from Toyota and I think it is taking too long.

- Soquel, CA, USA

Jun 172016

Corolla

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Oct 172016

Corolla

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V34000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Newport Richey, FL, USA

Oct 172016

Corolla

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags) however, the part for the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced any failure. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. VIN tool confirms part not available.

- Chapin, SC, USA

Jun 092016

Corolla

"takata recall" I don't think that Toyota is trying hard enough to remedy the defect in a reasonable amount of time. It puts my family in a difficult situation with the elimination of the front seat until repairs are made.

- Texas City, TX, USA

Jun 092016

Corolla

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags); however, the part to do the recall repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Westwego, LA, USA

Oct 122016

Corolla

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Mount Pleasant, SC, USA

Corolla

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V340000 (air bags) and 09V338000 (service brakes, hydraulic). The part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Tomball, TX, USA