2010 Toyota Corolla seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Toyota Corolla:

2010 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments (Page 2 of 10)

May 012016

Corolla

Takata recall- our Toyota still has the recalled airbag in place with no estimated time from Toyota on a fix. We are only told not to have someone in the passenger side of the car and to wait for them to notify us of a remedy. This is going on way to long and it is unexceptable to not be able to use our vehicle. They tell me they cannot disable the passenger side airbag in the interim.

- Evans, GA, USA

Dec 172016

Corolla

Takata recall I am feeling unsafe due to recall of air bag pending on my car. I have visited two times Toyota dealership to fix it. But they say no remedy available. I am afraid of driving out with my family in this car now. I don't want to sell it to private party since I know it is unsafe. And Toyota dealership will pay way less than actual worth of car if I trade in, since recall is pending. So all in all I feel in stalemate position.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Jul 012016

Corolla

July 2016 received letter from Toyota about takata airbag problem under nhtsb recall 16V-340 for which it was stated no remedy was available yet. I spoke to Toyota (case 1607114644) who said this vehicle was under their zone a since it was originally registered in ca and so a high priority due to the environmental conditions that would contribute to a higher likelihood of a problem. As of today, Dec 18, 2016, the safer car website still says no remedy is available but to submit a complaint if the manufacturer is taking too long, and since it has been several months, the need is urgent, and the consequences are severe, I would like my airbag replaced asap.

- South Windosr, CT, USA

Jun 012016

Corolla

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Toyota Corolla. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags) and wanted to schedule a repair. The contact was informed that the parts had not been available for months to schedule an appointment. The manufacturer was notified of the delay and indicated that they would provide a response within 24 to 48 hrs. The contact was waiting to hear from the manufacturer to determine when the parts would be supplied to the dealer. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Corolla

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Fort Mill, SC, USA

Corolla

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified. The contact was notified due to the air bag manufacturer not supplying a sufficient amount of parts. There were no parts available for any Toyota Corolla models. In addition, the contact was informed that the Toyota Corolla models were fifth in the priority list. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Davenport, FL, USA

Jun 012016

Corolla

Takata recall. Received an interim notice regarding passenger airbag early summer. I have called the dealer in September and again in December to inquire about repairing. Was told by dealer that parts were not available and they had no idea when they would become availabke. The most they could do was put me on a list. Called Toyota customer service early December and again was told parts were not available and they did not know when parts would be available. We have been advised not to use the passenger seat. That response is unacceptable. A deadline needs to be in place....we could perhaps have to wait 2 years.

- Sugar Land, TX, USA

Dec 092016

Corolla

Takata inflators: No solution offered since 6/30/16. Unable to be specific as to replacement of passenger airbag. Suggest I not let anyone ride in the front passenger seat!!!!!

- Camarillo, CA, USA

Jun 152016

Corolla

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Toyota Corolla. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags). The contact stated that the parts needed for the recall remedy were still not available. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Acton, CA, USA

May 012016

Taka ta inflators

- Palm Coast, FL, USA

Corolla

Takata recall I received a written notice May 23, 2016 that my Toyota Corolla 2010 is part of the takata recall. However, it has been 8 months and there has not been additional information via letter or otherwise as to when the remedy will occur and when my airbags will be fixed. I do not drive my vehicle regularly or have passengers in my vehicle for fear that being in the vehicle while it is operating will result in catastrophic failure of the airbags and "serious injury or death" to me or my passengers, as listed in the letter I received as what could happen. This is a hardship for me as I need my vehicle to travel in my city. I would like this airbag remedy implemented immediately so I can safely drive my vehicle and drive with passengers.

- Sunnyvale, CA, USA

Dec 072016

Corolla

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Watonga, OK, USA

Corolla

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The VIN was invalid. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Berry, AL, USA

Corolla

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Part distribution disconnect.

- Abbeville, SC, USA

Dec 012016

Corolla

Takata recall is taking too long to provide a remedy. I drive this car for my work and travel a lot. Takata must speed up the remedy process.

- Temple, TX, USA

Jun 152016

Corolla

The contact owns a 2010 Toyota Corolla. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Manteca, CA, USA

Jan 152012

Corolla

Takata recall. Gas pedal becomes stuck with floor mat when car is in motion. We have had to remove floor mat for safety. Removal of floor mat has caused wear and tear on floor board covering.

- Rosenberg, TX, USA

Nov 252016

Corolla

Nothing yet but these recalls, one for the electric window master switch, well over a year old, and the other for the passenger side airbag, where I'm cautioned to not have passengers in that front seat, which is really inconvenient and means I don't have full use of my own automobile, has been out long enough that a fix is long overdue. Why the delay and why does the government do nothing for consumers who paid for these cars but with some not insignificant defects. I would like my car fixed, both the master switch for the windows and the passenger side airbag that could fail to deploy.

- Middletown,, CA, USA

Corolla

There was a recall on the takata airbags that is in my Toyota. That was on 05/23/2016. It is not 11/23/2016, 6 months after the recall and there is still no remedy to the issue. I am waiting for Toyota to provide a remedy and it is taking an unusually long time for them to remedy this situation. They are recommending that we not have any passengers in the front of the car and that is an extreme inconvenience. They are basically taking 1 passenger seat away from us. This might be acceptable for a short amount of time but this is unacceptable and outrageous for them to make Toyota owners basically wait months for a remedy. How long are they going O make us wait, 6 months, 1 year, 2 years. I am extremely unhappy with the situation.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Corolla

I am told by Toyota not to have a front passenger until a remedy is in place for my 2010 Toyota Corolla. That has been the story since May 2016 and it's now November 2016. What can Toyota do to compensate for the extreme inconvenience to me and my family" I get stressed on the road, knowing that I'm putting my family and friends in danger. How long will it be before we get this situation resolved? what about payment for our stress and inconvenience? can I get a replacement car until the problem is fixed"

- Stone Mountain, GA, USA