2010 Toyota Corolla seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Toyota Corolla:

2010 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments (Page 1 of 9)

May 162016

Corolla

Takata inflators many months ago, I received a notice that the airbags may be faulty and that I should not have anyone in the front passenger seat until this issue is fixed. This is our family vehicle, so that poses an issue right there. But in the interest of safety, we squeeze everyone in the back seat. Fast forward to present and my local Toyota shop says that after 8+ months, there is still no fix for this issue. We live in Florida, which is one of the hot zones, and supposedly we are in more risk of malfunction. One of the reasons I purchased a Toyota is for its sturdy reliability and customer service. I can't use the vehicle to Transport everyone and I can't in good conscience sell the vehicle knowing the dangers. What is Toyota doing about this? I have always loved the toyotoa brand, but this whole situation is putting a bad taste in my mouth.

- Vero Beach, FL, USA

Nov 222016

Corolla

Air bag light has illuminated and I am aware that there is, a recall regarding this problem but as of this date no remedy or notice has been sent out to customers

- Belleview, FL, USA

Mar 312016

Corolla

My daughter has a Corolla and it has a recall notice for the airbag of the passengers side, but there has been no solution since it's discovery and public notice of March 2016. I sent a request to Toyota and still waiting for their response. Why would this be an acceptable practice to put innocent lives in danger.

- Oceanside, CA, USA

Dec 012016

Corolla 4-cyl

2010 Toyota Corolla. Consumer writes in regards to replacement parts not available to repair airbag recall.

- Beverly Hills, FL, USA

Jul 282016

Corolla

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags) and stated that the part was not available within a reasonable time frame to schedule the recall repair. The dealer did not give a specific date for when the part would become available. The contact was unable to determine when the vehicle would be repaired. The manufacturer could not provide an estimated date for when the vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact was not experiencing a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Waikoloa, HI, USA

Jul 012016

Corolla

The contact owns a 2010 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Warwick, MA, USA

Dec 262016

Corolla

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Toyota Corolla. The contact stated that the recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags) was received in may of 2016. After contacting the dealer and the manufacturer on multiple occasions, the contact was informed that the parts needed for the recall remedy were still not available and no estimated time for receiving the parts could be provided. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN was not available.

- Andrews, IN, USA

May 152016

Corolla

Takata recall. Hello, I got the interim notice on this quite a few months ago. I just contacted Toyota of poway to see what's going on and they told me it is still in the interim letter stage. What the heck is going on" you would think they would make the safety of their customers a priority. How can this process go faster" I don't recall when exactly I received the notice, there isn't a date on it so I will just give a guesstimation.

- Poway, CA, USA

Jun 092010

Takata recall

- Diamond Bar, CA, USA

May 012016

Corolla

Takata recall- our Toyota still has the recalled airbag in place with no estimated time from Toyota on a fix. We are only told not to have someone in the passenger side of the car and to wait for them to notify us of a remedy. This is going on way to long and it is unexceptable to not be able to use our vehicle. They tell me they cannot disable the passenger side airbag in the interim.

- Evans, GA, USA

Dec 172016

Corolla

Takata recall I am feeling unsafe due to recall of air bag pending on my car. I have visited two times Toyota dealership to fix it. But they say no remedy available. I am afraid of driving out with my family in this car now. I don't want to sell it to private party since I know it is unsafe. And Toyota dealership will pay way less than actual worth of car if I trade in, since recall is pending. So all in all I feel in stalemate position.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Jul 012016

Corolla

July 2016 received letter from Toyota about takata airbag problem under nhtsb recall 16V-340 for which it was stated no remedy was available yet. I spoke to Toyota (case 1607114644) who said this vehicle was under their zone a since it was originally registered in ca and so a high priority due to the environmental conditions that would contribute to a higher likelihood of a problem. As of today, Dec 18, 2016, the safer car website still says no remedy is available but to submit a complaint if the manufacturer is taking too long, and since it has been several months, the need is urgent, and the consequences are severe, I would like my airbag replaced asap.

- South Windosr, CT, USA

Jun 012016

Corolla

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Toyota Corolla. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags) and wanted to schedule a repair. The contact was informed that the parts had not been available for months to schedule an appointment. The manufacturer was notified of the delay and indicated that they would provide a response within 24 to 48 hrs. The contact was waiting to hear from the manufacturer to determine when the parts would be supplied to the dealer. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Corolla

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Fort Mill, SC, USA

Corolla

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified. The contact was notified due to the air bag manufacturer not supplying a sufficient amount of parts. There were no parts available for any Toyota Corolla models. In addition, the contact was informed that the Toyota Corolla models were fifth in the priority list. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Davenport, FL, USA

Jun 012016

Corolla

Takata recall. Received an interim notice regarding passenger airbag early summer. I have called the dealer in September and again in December to inquire about repairing. Was told by dealer that parts were not available and they had no idea when they would become availabke. The most they could do was put me on a list. Called Toyota customer service early December and again was told parts were not available and they did not know when parts would be available. We have been advised not to use the passenger seat. That response is unacceptable. A deadline needs to be in place....we could perhaps have to wait 2 years.

- Sugar Land, TX, USA

Dec 092016

Corolla

Takata inflators: No solution offered since 6/30/16. Unable to be specific as to replacement of passenger airbag. Suggest I not let anyone ride in the front passenger seat!!!!!

- Camarillo, CA, USA

Jun 152016

Corolla

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Toyota Corolla. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags). The contact stated that the parts needed for the recall remedy were still not available. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Acton, CA, USA

May 012016

Taka ta inflators

- Palm Coast, FL, USA

Corolla

Takata recall I received a written notice May 23, 2016 that my Toyota Corolla 2010 is part of the takata recall. However, it has been 8 months and there has not been additional information via letter or otherwise as to when the remedy will occur and when my airbags will be fixed. I do not drive my vehicle regularly or have passengers in my vehicle for fear that being in the vehicle while it is operating will result in catastrophic failure of the airbags and "serious injury or death" to me or my passengers, as listed in the letter I received as what could happen. This is a hardship for me as I need my vehicle to travel in my city. I would like this airbag remedy implemented immediately so I can safely drive my vehicle and drive with passengers.

- Sunnyvale, CA, USA