2010 Toyota Corolla seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Toyota Corolla:

2010 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments (Page 1 of 10)

Jan 182017

Corolla

Takata recall. I received a notice from Toyota about a recall that will require a replacement of my front passenger airbag and was told not to have anyone sit in the passenger front seat. It's almost been a year and they have yet to have a remedy for it. How much longer is it going to take for a fix/replacement of my airbag?

- Irvine, CA, USA

Corolla

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- North Port, FL, USA

Jan 142016

Corolla

Takata recall. The NHTSA recall number is 16V340. The manufacturer recall number is G1P. My complaint is in regards to the recall effort. Before receiving the official letter from Toyota for this recall, I had taken my car to my local Toyota dealer because for a time the airbag light was turning on and staying on longer than the other lights after ignition. I had heard the news about defective airbags and was concerned. When I took my car in for the first time in early 2016, they told me everything was fine and that there was no need to return unless the light stayed on during trips. When I asked them if it was safe to have someone sit in the front passenger seat, they said it was fine. Then, months later, when I got the recall notice from Toyota, the letter clearly stated that, I should not have anyone sitting in the front passenger seat. When I took my car in again, they said they were still working on a fix and that it could take months or perhaps even years. Apart from the fact I cannot use my front passenger seat for people, the most infuriating part of this is that I was told by people at my local Toyota dealer (before receiving the official recall notice), that I could safely have people in the front passenger seat. In addition, I have driven for months concerned about an airbag in my car which could harm or kill me or other people in my car. Slightly before learning about the defective airbags, I was involved in a single-car crash with a yellow safety post in a subterranean parking lot entrance in January 2016 (fender bender). While my front bumper had to be repaired, no airbags were deployed at the time.

- Paramount, CA, USA

Aug 272016

Corolla

Takata recall-I live in South Florida. I believe this requires that I be one of the first to receive it. We have been waiting too long.

- Pembroke Pines, FL, USA

Corolla

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Upland, CA, USA

May 302016

Corolla

Takata recall. In May 2016 I was notified by mail that Toyota is recalling a takata inflator on my 2010 Toyota Corolla. I use this car to drive my significant other and I to work and she can no longer safely occupy the front seat per the recall instructions and Toyota's suggestion against it. This is detrimental to my financial situation as we now have to pay for 2 cars so we can drive places together safely. There is still no contact from Toyota as to when a resolution will come.

- Walnut, CA, USA

May 282016

Corolla

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags). However the part to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Kountze, TX, USA

Corolla

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Austin, TX, USA

May 312016

Corolla

Takata recall. Filing a complaint that the takata airbag has not been repaired in timely manner. The letter I received from Toyota corporation in the spring of 2016 said not to allow anyone to sit in the passenger side of the vehicle. This needs to be fixed as soon as possible.

- Trabuco Canyon, CA, USA

May 162016

Corolla

The contact owns a 2010 Toyota Corolla. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags). The part needed was unavailable to perform the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Sugar Land, TX, USA

Corolla

"takata recall" the company is still not able to fix the problem. It was first announced May 2016. I would hate to see someone killed or terribly injured for life due to the lack of speed Toyota has in correcting this serious matter.

- Pompano Beach, FL, USA

May 162016

Corolla

Takata inflators many months ago, I received a notice that the airbags may be faulty and that I should not have anyone in the front passenger seat until this issue is fixed. This is our family vehicle, so that poses an issue right there. But in the interest of safety, we squeeze everyone in the back seat. Fast forward to present and my local Toyota shop says that after 8+ months, there is still no fix for this issue. We live in Florida, which is one of the hot zones, and supposedly we are in more risk of malfunction. One of the reasons I purchased a Toyota is for its sturdy reliability and customer service. I can't use the vehicle to Transport everyone and I can't in good conscience sell the vehicle knowing the dangers. What is Toyota doing about this? I have always loved the toyotoa brand, but this whole situation is putting a bad taste in my mouth.

- Vero Beach, FL, USA

Nov 222016

Corolla

Air bag light has illuminated and I am aware that there is, a recall regarding this problem but as of this date no remedy or notice has been sent out to customers

- Belleview, FL, USA

Mar 312016

Corolla

My daughter has a Corolla and it has a recall notice for the airbag of the passengers side, but there has been no solution since it's discovery and public notice of March 2016. I sent a request to Toyota and still waiting for their response. Why would this be an acceptable practice to put innocent lives in danger.

- Oceanside, CA, USA

Dec 012016

Corolla 4-cyl

2010 Toyota Corolla. Consumer writes in regards to replacement parts not available to repair airbag recall.

- Beverly Hills, FL, USA

Jul 282016

Corolla

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags) and stated that the part was not available within a reasonable time frame to schedule the recall repair. The dealer did not give a specific date for when the part would become available. The contact was unable to determine when the vehicle would be repaired. The manufacturer could not provide an estimated date for when the vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact was not experiencing a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Waikoloa, HI, USA

Jul 012016

- Warwick, MA, USA

Dec 262016

Corolla

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Toyota Corolla. The contact stated that the recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags) was received in may of 2016. After contacting the dealer and the manufacturer on multiple occasions, the contact was informed that the parts needed for the recall remedy were still not available and no estimated time for receiving the parts could be provided. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN was not available.

- Andrews, IN, USA

May 152016

Corolla

Takata recall. Hello, I got the interim notice on this quite a few months ago. I just contacted Toyota of poway to see what's going on and they told me it is still in the interim letter stage. What the heck is going on" you would think they would make the safety of their customers a priority. How can this process go faster" I don't recall when exactly I received the notice, there isn't a date on it so I will just give a guesstimation.

- Poway, CA, USA