- November 27: Toyota Camry AC Smell Lawsuit Lingers in Court news | 6 days ago
- November 22: Toyota Recalls 834,000 Sienna Minivans to Fix Sliding Doors recalls | 11 days ago
- November 12: Toyota to Pay $3.4 Billion in Tacoma Rusted Frames Lawsuit news | 21 days ago
- November 4: Study: Pickup Truck Headlights Leave Drivers in the Dark news | 29 days ago
- October 27: Toyota Recalls 5.8 Million Vehicles to Replace Takata Airbags recalls | 37 days ago
2003 Toyota Matrix
CarComplaints.com Notes: The Toyota Matrix is the mechanical twin of the Pontiac Vibe.
Both models were a joint GM-Toyota venture, manufactured together at a NUMMI production facility in Fremont, CA. Only the heating & A/C systems are different.
Worst 2003 Matrix transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- transmission stopped working4
- loosing gears2
- loud rattle from transmission when engaged2
- grinding in the transmission1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission33
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission14
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Gear Position ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Matrix Model Years
Curious how the 2003 Matrix compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Matrix overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Matrix.