- March 26: Toyota and Lexus Melting Dashboard Lawsuit Filed, Again news | 2 days ago
- March 25: Toyota Tire Savings Event Lawsuit Says Event Isn't a Good Deal news | 3 days ago
- February 16: Toyota Mirai Fuel Cell Cars Recalled, All 2,840 of Them recalls | 40 days ago
- January 26: Toyota Tundra Recalled to Fix Step Bumpers recalls | 61 days ago
- January 13: Toyota Recalls 543,000 Vehicles to Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 74 days ago
2003 Toyota Matrix
CarComplaints.com Notes: The Toyota Matrix is the mechanical twin of the Pontiac Vibe.
Both models were a joint GM-Toyota venture, manufactured together at a NUMMI production facility in Fremont, CA. Only the heating & A/C systems are different.
Worst 2003 Matrix transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- transmission stopped working4
- loosing gears2
- loud rattle from transmission when engaged2
- grinding in the transmission1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission33
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission14
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Gear Position ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Matrix Model Years
Curious how the 2003 Matrix compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Matrix overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Matrix.