2007 Toyota Prius lights problems

lights problem

2007 Toyota Prius Owner Comments (Page 29 of 46)

Jan 012009

Prius

2007 Toyota Prius hid headlights failure on both headlights.

- Mundelein, IL, USA

Nov 252009

Prius

Hid headlamps fail repeatedly. Right front replaced last year at approx. 45,000 miles. Left front is failing now at 80,000 miles.

- Bel Air, MD, USA

Oct 282009

Prius

Periodic hid headlight failure in 2007 Prius. Requested the problem be fixed with in the initial warranty and problem still persists.

- Mill Creek, WA, USA

Nov 032009

Prius

Driver and passenger side headlights fail intermittently at night for past three weeks. Turning off/on headlight switch corrects.

- Limerick, ME, USA

Nov 182009

Prius

1. not sure 2. headlights on our 2007 Prius go out unexpectedly, sometimes at night both are out, creating a dangerous situation 3. took it to Toyota dealer; lights worked fine then; they said it would be my expense to replace bulbs; decided to wait to see if problem happened during daylight hours to take it to them to verify it is a bulb problem; then discovered bulb failure is a chronic problem with the Prius; Toyota should correct problem and replace bulbs at their expense.

- Waunakee, WI, USA

Nov 132009

Prius

Left headlight of vehicle was out completely. Stopped and restarted car and light returned to normal. This event has happened twice before. In October 2009 both sets of headlights went out while driving on a township blacktop road at night. This required stopping car and repeatedly turned lights on and off and restarted car. Lights finally returned.

- Warrenville, IL, USA

Nov 012009

Prius

Hid low beam headlamps "winking" on and or off at irregular intervals in our 2007 Toyota Prius.

- Auburn, IN, USA

Nov 222009

Prius

2007 Prius, touring model-right headlamp went out while driving-only 26,000 miles on car so far. Next operation, light working again. Poses very big safety hazard. Told that my platinum certified warranty and extended 100,000 mile warranty would not cover this $400 + repair--and I have only owned the car less than 2 months.

- Potosi, WI, USA

Jul 042009

Prius

Headlights intermittently turn off; occasionally both headlights will turn off at the same time.

- Navarre, FL, USA

Nov 112009

Prius

Both headlamps went out in the the middle of a roadtrip at night. Had to pull over right away. Turned the headlight switch off and back on the lights came back on. This has happened several times already. Sometimes this happens with just one headlight and sometime both which is real scary. I never know when this failure is going to happen. Please help with a recall on this dangerous situation. I have a 2007 Toyota Prius which I purchased brand new. Thank you,

- Plano, TX, USA

Oct 152009

Prius

My 2007 Toyota Prius headlight modules need to be replaced. Headlights go off and the switch must be toggled to remedy. The car is under warranty but Toyota says the lights are not covered. Toyota knows this is a chronic defect. Do I have any recourse?

- Kansas City, MO, USA

Nov 102009

Prius

I have a 2007 Prius and the left headlight has gone out. I contacted the dealership and they told me that it is a good idea to replace both headlights due to the cost of labor. The cost for two bulbs + labor; $650! the car is just about to hit 2 years and I'm having to shell out over $600 for headlights! I did some research and this looks to be a common defect with the Prius. If it's a common defect, why isn't there a recall for the car? I don't care if I have the hid's, but I didn't have a choice from the initial purchase of the car.

- Powder Springs, GA, USA

Nov 102009

Prius

Headlights going out on 2007 Toyota Prius you never know when or where it will happen. One side will go out when you turn the switch off and back on the light will come back on. Later the other light will fail. This should be addressed as a safety issue before some dies.

- New Bern, NC, USA

Nov 012009

Prius

Passenger side hid headlight suddenly shuts down, no indication in car. Restarting headlights brings it back. May happen every five minutes or not at all during a trip. Replaced both bulbs, problem still occurs. Researched web and this is a common but expensive problem.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Nov 092009

Prius

Either one of my headlights will stop working at random times, progressively getting worse. Last week, while driving at night, one stopped working and suddenly the second one stopped working. That is the first time both have stopped. In total darkness I panicked and had to swerve to prevent an accident.

- Abingdon, VA, USA

Prius

Our 2007 Toyota Prius has a defect in the headlight circuitry. When driving with the lights on the head lights will shut down sometimes one at a time and more frightened both will cut off 2 to 3 times during my commute home. This happened yesterday 3 times on the way home. To get the lights to turn on I have to turn the switch off and then back on. The lights will usually stay on for 20 to 30 minutes but will then shut off again at some point. We drive a very dangerous freeway ( California 60 between moreno valley, ca and the junction of interstate 10) and on several occasions the lights have cut out totally causing an unsafe condition as I was driving a very windy road, in the dark and searching for the light switch to flick it off and on. I now drive with my hand on the light switch through the badlands section of California 60 when my hand should be on the steering wheel. We were pulled over by a riverside county sheriffs officer after she noticed the lights erratically blinking on and off. We took the vehicle to the dealership and they stated that they could not create the problem but that there is a computer circuit that controls the lights and that it would cost approximately $800. This is unacceptable and should be repaired as a safety hazard. I have owned many vehicles and have never had a problem with the lights other than a burned out bulb. I have gone online and there are other drivers complaining of the same issue. Please assist me by advocating on my behalf with Toyota to repair this problem before an accident occurs. Thanks

- Beaumont, CA, USA

Nov 112009

Prius

Left front headlight flickered intermittently for one month. Both headlights failed at night while driving on dark country road on Wednesday, November 11. The lights resumed working after turning headlight switch on and off repeatedly.

- Sebastopol, CA, USA

Prius

2007 Toyota Prius headlight problem.

- San Francisco, CA, USA

Prius

Hid headlamps go in and out with no warning on my 2007 Toyota Prius. Research on line shows several people with the same issue.

- Warrenton, VA, USA

Nov 162009

Prius

2007 Prius hid headlights go out intermittently with no observable pattern. While driving, one cannot tell when this happens thus driving with only one headlight. Only time I can tell is when I come up behind a vehicle and my lights shine on it. Upon observing the internet it appears there are many others with this same problem with their Prius'. (don't want to get a ticket or in an accident because of it! it is reported that $1100 to $2600 to get this repaired, hopefully.

- Medford, OR, USA