2007 Toyota Prius lights problems

lights problem

2007 Toyota Prius Owner Comments (Page 38 of 46)

Apr 182009

Prius

April 18, 2009 I was pulled over for having my passenger's side headlight out. I was unaware of the problem until that moment. April 20, 2009 I took it to a mechanic who could not get the problem to replicate. June 26, 2009 as my husband was driving away, a friend stopped us to tell us our headlight was out. He turned them off and back on and that solved the problem. July 4, 2009 my husband was driving home after dark and noticed that the headlights were both out. We pulled over and turned them off and on and from low beams to high multiple times. After several minutes, both came on. By the time we arrived home (7 miles) the driver's light was off and the passenger's light was on. July 6, 2009 I turned on my car and checked the headlights before I left. Neither turned on. (this was the only daylight incident. The rest were at night.) this is a safety hazard, as one or both lights will cut off at random going down the road.

- Colonial Beach, VA, USA

Jun 012009

Prius

I have a 2007 Toyota Prius with hid headlights. One of the headlights randomly turns off and turns back on. Again this occurs randomly but when the left headlight is off it can stay off for several minutes before turning itself back on. I figured that it was a bad fuse, however after replacing the fuse the problem still exists. I have read an online forum of Prius owners that are experiencing the same problem, so I know that this is more than what would normally be expected.

- Cibolo, TX, USA

Jun 222008

Prius

Driver side hid headlight was lighted but failed during driving. Driver side hid headlight would re-ignite after turning headlight switch off then on.

- Winchester, VA, USA

Jul 042009

Prius

While driving at night, the drivers side headlight went out with no warning. This is the third time this has happened. This time, a police officer issued me a verbal warning since he saw the light go out. No action has been taken to correct the problem as I was just beginning to research the cause of the problem. The lights will come back on.

- Checotah, OK, USA

Jul 032009

Prius

2007 Prius with 45K miles. Headlights have started to intermittently go on and off. Can turn the lights completely off then back on and the headlight will come back on. So far, just the driver side headlight. I notice the headlight flickers and fades in intensity as well.

- Wellington, FL, USA

Prius

I have a 2007 Toyota Prius, VIN and the drivers side headlight keeps going off when we are driving. It comes back on if you turn the lights off completely but when you on the highway it is hard to tell if the light is on or off. Thanks, robert hartman

- Easton, PA, USA

Jan 312009

Prius

Normal use of headlights; however, around 45K miles the right front headlight will turn on, but then cuts out after 5 minutes. I have to repeatedly turn the headlight switch on and off, again and again, to get the headlight to operate correctly (I.e. stay on). This is a safety issue.

- Centreville, VA, USA

Jun 042009

Prius

Intermittent hid headlight failure on my 2007 Toyota Prius. First noticed when pulled over by police - right headlight out, but came back on when turned lights off then on. Left headlight has since periodically failed too.

- West Burlington, IA, USA

May 122009

Prius

2007 Toyota Prius right hid headlight constantly goes off and needs repair.

- Bridgeview, IL, USA

May 302007

Prius

2007 Toyota Prius hid headlight failure. Passenger side is intermittent, , quite often both lights will fail leaving no lights and a very dangerous situation. Driver has no warning that headlights are off, especially during poor weather, , but daylight conditions. Just after warranty period ended. Dealer suggests bulbs, , others suggest controller. New (expensive) bulbs are probably only a temporary fix, , leading to continued future failures.

- Ferndale, WA, USA

Apr 072009

Prius

2007 Toyota Prius - only have 46000 miles and passenger side headlight flickers and then dies. Seems to be an epidemic with Prius owners. Replacement by dealer would cost $465. I've talked to many other Prius owners and almost 80% have had the same problem and the remaining 20% hasn't reached that problem yet. The headlight assembly is of poor quality that (1) goes through light bulbs every 40000 - 45000 miles, (2) the cost for the replacement is extra for a $10 bulb, (3) Toyota will not replace the head lamp unit. If I turn the light off and then on, it will light up for a couple of minutes and then flicker before going out again. I have been stopped 4 times for this problem.

- Duncanville, TX, USA

Jun 012009

Prius

2007 Prius headlights turn off unexpectedly. Passenger side about every 10 minutes, but not always noticed, and if the driver side then cuts out, you are driving in the dark! not great for country roads! the problem started about 6 months ago and is slowly getting worse. Turning the headlight switch off and on again clears the problem. Toyota service says repair will be $88432 for parts, and about $200 more for labor. Problem reported to Toyota usa.

- East Aurora, NY, USA

Jun 292009

Prius

Headlights on 2007 Toyota Prius intermittently flicker on and off. Currently, manually turning the lights on and off temporarily fixes the problem, but the problem still remains. I was told by the Toyota dealer, where we bought the car, that I need to replace the ballast and both bulbs, which is expected to be ~$1400. I've read that this is a common problem for the Prius (2004-2008) that is usually noticed at around 40,000-45,000 miles; my Prius has ~40,000 miles. My Prius is currently no longer under warranty, but was told that the required parts are not under warranty anyway.

- Pasadena, MD, USA

Jun 282009

Prius

I have a 2007 Prius that has intermittent headlight problems. The right headlight will sporadically go off and on. It has been to the dealer twice with the last time the dealer blaming it on low battery charge. Well the battery is charged and it still refuses to work. At this point it is unpredictable as to whether or not it will be working at any specific time.

- Rock Springs, WY, USA

Prius

2007 Toyota Prius - diver side headlamp goes out intermittently while driving. If the headlight switch is turned off and then on again then the lights go on again. Failure repeats itself.

- Warrenton, VA, USA

May 062009

Prius

About a month ago, my Prius's driver side headlight started intermittently going off without any warning. I was pulled over by police when I discovered it. The light would come back on when I turn it off then on again, but it will go off again sometime afterwards. I purchased two new bulbs, thinking the problem was in the bulbs; same problem consistently happens. The driver headlight now does not function any longer, even with a new bulb. I plan to take it to the dealer for repair.

- Corpus Christi, TX, USA

Jun 202009

Prius

Passenger side headlight went out during road trip and out for about 3 days, but then came back on again suddenly (I did not realize it--someone else saw it from outside and told me). Some other Prius owners have also complained of headlights suddenly going out and then some time later coming back on again and replacing lamp or other things does not help. This is dangerous because drivers cannot tell while driving that the light has gone out and particularly dangerous on poorly lit roads at night. Please investigate.

- West Allis, WI, USA

Mar 252009

Prius

Hid headlights on my 2007 Toyota Prius regularly burn out after a few minutes driving time. Usually the driver's side, sometimes the passenger side, at least once both went out. When they are turned off for a short time and turned on again, they both come back on, at least for a while.

- North Kingstown, RI, USA

Prius

2007 Toyota Prius headlight/lamp failure right and left side. Dealer replaced right headlight after we noticed the light would go out (sometimes turning lights off and back on causes it to come back on, but then the light would go out intermittently driving). The next day, we experienced the left side headlight doing exactly the same thing. Did a search on the internet and found that PE09-019 had been opened for this exact issue.

- Huntington Beach, CA, USA

Nov 172008

Prius

Headlight on 2007 Toyota Prius goes out unexpectedly. Sometimes on the right, sometimes on the left, sometimes both. You can turn them off and back on again and they will be fine...for awhile.

- Quitman, AR, USA