2015 Acura RDX engine problems: engine stalls/misfire

Engine Stalls/Misfire

2015 Acura RDX engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Acura RDX:

2015 Acura RDX Owner Comments

May 202019

RDX Tech Package AWD 3.5L

Car started misfiring random cylinders and damaged the catalytic converter. Paid over $2000 in diagnostics at Acura dealership and over a month and a half of waiting and they couldn't find the cause. Insurance doesn't want to cover it unless I pay for an engine tear down which would cost me $5000 out of my pocket for something that is not my fault.

Acura Canada lied on the phone when I talked to them and tried to tell me that the power train warranty is only up to 60000 km and I told them that I know it's a 100000 km and her answer was "my bad". Now I'm left with a dangerous car that misfires and runs very loud and smoke coming out of the exhaust and basically what I got from them that " this is your problem and deal with it" even though it's still under warranty and also has extended warranty.

Save yourselves and stay away from Acura and all their products.

- Ali Z., Edmonton, AB, Canada

Jun 092015

RDX Tech

Dealer could not diagnose cause of the misfire. Stalling at freeway speeds is a dangerous. We have no idea when or if this problem will ever re-occur.

- Richard H., San Clemente, CA, US