Infotainment Not Working

2019 Acura RDX

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Acura dealer.

7.0

2. reboot battery (1 reports)
2019 Acura RDX accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2019 Acura RDX:

2019 Acura RDX Owner Comments

Jul 062020

RDX

Ongoing problem with Infotainment system since purchase. At time radio simply does not come on. Other times Apple Car Play does not connect to the system. Dealer is aware of the problem and blames on "updates." Problems continue even after "updates" are downloaded.

- Stephanie M., Mount Juliet, US

Jul 012019

RDX A-spec

Cars infotainment system died, no radio, no hands free calling, no gps etc. I've called Acura 7 total times now, finally heard they know it's a problem and don't have a fix or eta on a fix so in the mean time I'll just have to deal with it (their words), how is this except able for a "luxury" vehicle?

Customer service hung up on me twice before I got an answer. Most unprofessional group I've had the misfortune to try and contact.

- Matt I., Tonawanda, NY, US

Jul 272019

RDX

I bought the car on 7/27 in Ohio and on 7/28 the information system stopped working. I plugged my phone in for Apple Car Play, which worked for about 5 minutes.. then the whole system started having issues. I have an android and an apple phone and neither worked. The Samsung which was already connected, disconnected and when trying to reconnect the system's response was, "Bluetooth will not connect while the car is in motion". The car wasn't in motion. In fact, I turned the car off, got out of it, closed the door and waited for it to go dark... Message, before starting the car, was "the car is in motion". Now, I can't get anything, not Sirius radio, FM/AM... nothing.

This is a major disappointment. I travel from Akron to Washington once a week. One of my reasons for buying the car was because of the entertainment system. I need the safety the dashboard offers with Apple Car Play. I told the salesman that, and I believe knowing of the issues, he sold it to me anyway. I heard all of the options to repair, however, none of them are good enough... I want the car I thought was paying for when I financed it and put my money down. Or, I want the car replaced.

- Linda R., Akron, OH, US

Jul 022019

RDX

click to see larger images

infotainment not working

Twice now I have been driving along, listening to Sirius XM or a podcast via Apple Car Play, when suddenly the audio just...stops. And I mean ALL the audio: no AM/FM radio, no Sirius XM, no audio from my phone via Car Play, no voice-activated assist. I hadn't been fiddling with settings or any icons/buttons either time. It just stops. I'm not going to bother wasting my time describing all the details, because this is obviously a very well-known problem. I just came here to say that it is Very Not Cool that the Acura dealer who sold us the car said that the only approved "solution" is to pop open the hood of my new $60,000 car and remove and then replace the + and - battery clamps to "reboot" the car. LOL, Acura. Not good enough. You will fund YouTube videos showing how to reset the info system my pressing all three top buttons at once. The first time I did that, I managed to make the problem worse (sort of) by eliminating even the ICONS for all audio options. After a day or two of resting in the garage, I tried the same thing and everything restored (though I had to resync my phone, etc.).

- Michelle M., Lewisburg, PA, US

Jun 112019

RDX Advanced 272-Hp, 2.0L-Liter

This has happened to me multiple times (10 or more). I'm happily cruising along with my CarPlay running waze, Pandora and my radio will just stop working and the display stops showing CarPlay information. Another variation is I'm on the phone connected to CarPlay and I can place and receive calls but half the time no one can hear me speak (I can hear them). Another variation is that I'm in the middle of a phone call, I can hear, they can hear, and all of a sudden they can't hear me any more. The dealership keeps saying they can't do anything but reboot the system and my software is up to date. Obviously there needs to be some software updates to fix the CarPlay / Radio issues with this vehicle.

- Katie N., Pickens, SC, US

Jan 302019

RDX A Spec 2/0

My vehicle is hardly 6 months old and the infotainment stop working 3 times with 6000+ miles. The dealer mechanic doesn't bother bring the vehicle into the shop, they come out, disconnect the battery for a minute or two then reconnect the battery and the system is back on. Next time that happens, I would ask the service manager to document it.

- Lloyd B., Brooklyn, NY, US