ANNOUNCEMENT: The Car Book 2018 is now online!

2015 Audi A3 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Audi A3:

2015 Audi A3 Owner Comments

Nov 272015

A3 Premium 2.0t

Leased the car in June, 2015, by the end of November I had to top off twice because the oil light came on. By that time I had approximately 4500 miles. I called Audi customer care to lodge a complaint and I was told its normal. Oil consumption is not normal in a brand new car. I have leased other German cars before, MB C-Class,and BMW 328 and I never had to top off between oil changes.

- Andrei P., Whitestone, NY, USA

Oct 302014

A3 Premium Plus 2.0T

Car uses a LOT of oil, don't know why, seems to always be running hot.

- Dave I., Canton, MI, USA

Aug 082014

A3 Premium 2.0L

click to see larger images

excessive oil consumption

I bought a brand new 2.0 Audi A3 from the dealer this May.

The sales department did a good job, and Bill, who sold us the car is a very nice guy. But the car itself is definitely a bad car! I got a low oil warning with only 2700 miles on the car, and the oil is dark and dirty compared to the loner car I got.

It has been three times I brought my car back to the service department in the dealer, but they never solved the problem. First time, they topped up the oil. After two weeks, the oil was low again, so I brought it back. This time, they changed a new oil tank cap for me, but two weeks later, the oil was low. I drove it back to the service, this time actually the AUDI Company told me that is because my car is still in break-in period and just topped up the oil again. But as an engineer, I know it cannot be 2 qt per 1000 miles.

Update from Nov 2, 2014: Last time, the dealer told me that everything is fine on my car and just topped off the oil. After 3 weeks, I checked the oil level with the dipstick, the car has already used 1/3 of the oil. I drove the car back to the dealer again (it has already been 4 times!). They told me that the low oil light was not on, the car is fine. Besides, they never done the oil consumption test on my car. I called Audi Company this time and told them what happened on my car, the agent said there is no dipstick on 2015 A3, so it is impossible for me to check the oil level by myself! Anyone can see it if you just Google 2015 A3 online! Who can help me? I just want to return this car and get my money back!

Update from Nov 2, 2014: The other thing I noticed that Audi updated 2015 A3 recently including automatic air-condition system, and some other things, but the price is the same as I bought my car 6 months ago. Updating the car for the same model year after 3 to 4 months of the first release is not normal. And the Audi Company refuse to do anything to make it up on my car.

- xan2xan2, Chicago, IL, USA