- October 22: Audi Recalls Q5 and SQ5 For Second Time Over Loose Trim recalls | 22 days ago
- September 7: Volkswagen Fuel Economy Overstated By 1 MPG news | 67 days ago
- August 26: Lawsuit Says VW Owners Suffered 'Psychological Damage' news | 79 days ago
- August 24: Audi Volkswagen Korea and Porsche Korea Busted Again news | 81 days ago
Audi Recall 74C9: Side Air Bag May Not Deploy Due To Seat Stitching
2015 Audi A3
Improper side air bag deployment may increase the risk of injury in the event of a crash.
Air Bags — Side/Window
- Volkswagen Group of America, LLC (Volkswagen) is recalling certain model year 2015 Audi A3 Cabriolet vehicles manufactured June 5, 2014, to April 1, 2015. The affected vehicles have a driver or front passenger seat whose cover may be incorrectly stitched, preventing the side air bag from properly deploying in the event of a crash.
- Volkswagen will notify owners, and dealers will replace the driver's and/or front passenger's seatback cover, free of charge. Owners were mailed interim notices on February 4, 2016. The recall began on February 29, 2016. Owners may contact Audi customer service at 1-800-253-2834. Volkswagen's number for this recall is 74C9.
- Documents (13)
- ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Audi Date: December 17, 2015 Subject: Upcoming Safety Recall 74C9 & Mandatory Stop Sale – Side Airbag Cover(s) 2015 MY Audi A3 Cabriolet
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Miscellaneous Document
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2016-2
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Audi Date: February 23, 2016 Subject: Repair Available for Safety Recall 74C9 – Side Airbag Cover(s) 2015 MY Audi A3 Cabriolet
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-1
Click a tab for more information.