3.6

2006 Audi A4 steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Audi A4:

2006 Audi A4 Owner Comments

Jun 222012

A4 6-cyl

Power steering fluid is draining from reservoir faster than I can put it in. This is one problem too many on my Audi. The car is a 2006 A4 purchased new in March 2007 therefore 5 years and 3 mths and 60,000 miles. From what I can't read on the web, the oil is lost in the rack and pinion box. This is the fourth time at Audi dealer in past 6 weeks, two electric window regulators, bearing front wheel and now power steering problem that I think will go in the 600$ to 1000$ repair. I've had many cars and since my two past Audi's, I've replaced parts that I had never heard before even if I kept my previous cars 7 years and 160,000 miles. This is definitely my last german product in my yard. Audi has a nice design but that is it. You need at least two cars in the driveway to own an Audi, that way you are not stuck. My dealer has quadrupled his service area, now I know the reason.

- Montreal, NY, USA

Jul 172009

A4

The contact owns a 2006 Audi A4. Thirty days after the vehicle was purchased the steering wheel began to shake excessively while making a left or right turn. The dealer stated that the failure was not a safety concern and did not duplicate the failure. The dealer also stated that there was no repair needed. The VIN is not available. The failure mileage was 100 and the current mileage was 2000.

- North Las Vegas, NV, USA

Sep 112006

A4 4-cyl

: the contact stated while driving 58 mph on all road conditions, there was an extreme vibration physically felt through the steering wheel. The vehicle was inspected by a dealer who determined the steering was designed to provide road feedback through the steering vibrations. The manufacturer was alerted. Updated 10/30/06.

- East Norwich, NY, USA