- December 18: VW Sold 'Test' Cars That Should Have Been Destroyed news | 0 days ago
- December 10: VW and Audi Models Recalled For Head Restraint Problems recalls | 8 days ago
- December 9: Audi A5 Sportback and A4 allroad Recalled recalls | 9 days ago
- December 7: Mercedes Recalls 104,600 Vehicles For Wacky Airbag Indicators recalls | 11 days ago
- December 5: Audi Q5 and Q7 Recalled Over Fuel Leaks recalls | 13 days ago
Audi Recall KT: Vw/Fuel Spillage
1999 Audi A6
In the presence of an ignition source, fuel spray could result in fire or possible personal injury.
Fuel System, Gasoline — Storage — Tank Assembly — Filler Pipe And Cap
- Vehicle description: Passenger vehicles equipped with quattro drive system which employs a fuel and fuel vapor leak detection system. If the vehicle is refueled shortly after the engine is started, and is kept running while being refueled, the fuel vapor recovery system could produce sufficient back pressure to cause fuel to be ejected after a complete fill-up when the fuel pump nozzle is removed from the filler neck.
- VW is providing a new page for the owner's manual and also requesting owners to make an appointment with their dealers to have a label containing important refueling instructions installed inside of the fuel filler door. Dealers will also remove the tire pressure label and replace it with a new label affixed to the fender well at the right rear door.
- Documents (4)
Click a tab for more information.