- May 9: Audi Oil Consumption Lawsuit Blames Pistons For Problems news | 7 days ago
- May 6: Audi Recalls Vehicles With Rear Axles That May Misalign recalls | 10 days ago
- April 28: Acura RDX Infotainment Lawsuit Settlement On Hold news | 18 days ago
- April 3: Audi Turbocharger Failures Investigated investigations | 43 days ago
- March 28: Audi Recalls A3, RS3 and S3 Vehicles For Airbag Failures recalls | 49 days ago
Audi TSB #A171232 2018550-
2002 Audi A6
Affected Component: ENGINE (PWS)
- Supersedes Technical Service Bulletin Group 17 number 12 - 31 dated August 30, 2012. Oil consumption measurement - Repair Authorization (CA). In order to provide effective lubrication and cooling of internal engine components, all internal combustion engines consume a certain amount of engine oil. Oil consumption varies from engine to engine and may change significantly over the life of the engine. Typically engines with specified break-in periods consume more oil during the break-in period, and the oil consumption will stabilize after the break-in period. Refer to the Owner's Manual for specific break-in procedures. Under normal conditions, the rate of oil consumption depends on the quality and viscosity of the oil, the RPM at which the engine is operated, the ambient temperature and road conditions. Additional factors are the amount of oil dilution from water condensation or fuel residue and the oxidation level of the oil.
Click a tab for more information.