Buick Recall 16126: Convertible Roof Control Module/FMVSS 118
2016 Buick Cascada
If the windows close automatically or can be closed remotely in ways that do not meet all the requirements of FMVSS 118, the unexpected closure can increase the risk of injury to the passengers.
Visibility — Power Window Devices And Controls
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2016 Buick Cascada vehicles manufactured December 1, 2015, to February 24, 2016. The affected vehicles may have had the original convertible roof control module (CRCM) replaced with an incorrect CRCM, that allows the windows to close automatically when the roof is closed and can allow the windows to be closed remotely from distances beyond 11 meters using the key fob. As such, these vehicles no longer meet the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 118, "Power-Operated Window Systems."
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will replace the CRCM with correct module, free of charge. The recall began on December 1, 2016. Owners may contact Buick customer service at 1-800-521-7300. GM's number for this recall is 16126.
- Documents (12)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Safety Bulletin - Reference Number: E16206859 Release Date: December 2016
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: December 2, 2016 Subject: 16126 - Safety Recall Incorrect Convertible Roof Control Module
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: November 17, 2016 Subject: Upcoming Safety Recall 16126 Incorrect Convertible Roof Control Module
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-1
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-4
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2016-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2017-3
Click a tab for more information.