ANNOUNCEMENT: The Car Book 2018 is now online!

2013 Buick Encore body / paint problems: bubbling paint

Bubbling Paint

6.0

2. repaint mirrors (1 reports)
2013 Buick Encore body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Buick Encore:

2013 Buick Encore Owner Comments

Sep 012018

Encore

I noticed another person has paint that bubbled on side mirrors and has now started peeling. I purchased my 2013 in 2016. The paint bubbled shortly after and just started peeling off this past weekend. I just turned 60,000 miles and obviously this won't be covered. paint shouldn't be this bad.

- Linda D., Houston, TX, USA

Sep 102015

Encore 1.8L

paint bubble, chip and peal off of mirrors

AT AROUND 49000 MILES IN THE SUMMER OF 2015 I NOTICED WHAT LOOKED LIKE THE PAINT ON BOTH MIRRORS BUBBLING. AT FIRST I DIDN'T THINK ANYTHING OF IT. BY THE END OF THE SUMMER THE PAINT STARTED PEELING OFF THE DRIVER SIDE MIRROR. I BROUGHT THE VEHICLE INTO THE GM DEALER IN SHELTON, CT. UNFORTUNATELY AT THAT TIME I HAD JUST WENT OVER 50K MILES AND OUTSIDE OF THE BUMPER TO BUMPER WARRANTY. GM DEALER WANTED TO CHARGE ME $350 PER MIRROR. CURRENTLY THE DRIVER MIRROR HAS VERY LITTLE PAINT ON IT LEFT. DEFINATELY A DEFECTIVE PAINT JOB, BUT THE DEALER OR GM WILL NOT ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY. LUCKILY I HAVE A FRIEND THAT WORKS FOR INFINITI AND THEY ARE GOING TO RE-PAINT EACH MIRROR FOR LESS THAN HALF OF WHAT GM WANTED FOR ONE MIRROR.

- oneboard73, Shelton, CT, US