- December 13: GM Recalls Buick Encore, Chevy Spark, Traverse and Trax recalls | 42 days ago
- December 11: Research Shows GM's Forward Crash Warning Systems Work news | 44 days ago
Buick Recall 17085: Improperly Sealed Power Steering Connectors
2017 Buick LaCrosse
A loss of power steering may result in increased manual steering effort, increasing the risk of a crash.
Steering — Electric Power Assist System
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain 2017 Buick LaCrosse vehicles. The electrical connectors for the Electronic Power Steering (EPS) system may not be properly sealed. As a result, water may enter and corrode the connectors possibly resulting in a loss of power steering.
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will inspect correct the seal seating and secure the EPS connector seals, free of charge. The recall began on March 14, 2017. Owners may contact Buick customer service at 1-800-521-7300. GM's number for this recall is 17085.
- Documents (12)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: February 23, 2017 Subject: 17085 - Safety Recall Electric Power Steering Connector Cable Seal Not Seated
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Safety Bulletin - Reference Number: N162075010 Release Date: February 2017
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-1
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2017-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-2
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: March 14, 2017 Subject: 17085 01 – Product Safety Recall Electric Power Steering Connector Cable Seal Not Seated Customer Letter Added
- Safety Bulletin - Reference Number: N162075010 Release Date: March 2017 Revision: 01
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-3
Click a tab for more information.