Clear Coat/Paint Peeling

6.7

1. needs painting (7 reports)
  2. re-paint (2 reports)
2013 Buick Verano body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Buick Verano:

2013 Buick Verano Owner Comments

Jun 302017

Verano Leather Package

I know I am very late to the Buick Verano 2013 Defective Paint Party, but I only found out today this issue has affected so many Verano owners - it's really a shame that GMC Buick dealerships/manufactures did not step up. As early as 2016 I started to notice the paint looked dull on the roof and truck areas of my vehicle. I spent money on special car washes, waxing detailing, etc., but as time went on the appearance only worsened. Around late 2017/2018 I started considering a paint job, but felt I may trade the car in or give it to one of my granddaughters, so no big deal. Life goes on, pandemic hits, blah, blah. Now I discover there are tons of Buick Verano owners with the same flipping issue, and I've actually seen a few first hand. Too late to file a complaint at this point, just wish the dealerships would have addressed this issue and sent out a recall. Thanks!

- Joyce A., La Mirada, US

Nov 042020

Verano

Paint/clear coat coming off on hood, top of vehicle and top of trunk. I have seen other posts about the same problem on my 2013 Buick Verano and GM apparently is not doing anything about it. They say the car is out of warranty so too bad. Why did they not notify me before warranty ran out. This car was made in Lake Orion, Michigan plant. Clearly a manufactures defect, basically cannot trade in or sell like this. Any information about possible solutions or class action lawsuits will be very appreciated, thank you in advance.

- donna.jarvisdj, Venice, US

Jan 022019

Verano V4

I own a 2013 Buick Verano and this past winter I noticed that the hood, top of car and top of truck is fading badly and appears as though the clear coat has worn off. I took my car to the local Buick dealer and was told that the warranty of 5 years or 5000 miles has expired. My vehicle currently has only 38000 miles.

He also informed me that Buick did have paint issues with certain colors in 2014 and 2013 so it is possible an exception could be made to resolve this problem.

I am a diehard Buick owner. I've only owned Buicks for the last 50 years and never had above average problems.

Any help or direction would be very much appreciated.

Regards

John Riley

- John R., Chicopee, US

Oct 012018

Verano 3.2L

click to see larger images

clear coat/paint peeling

Told Crown Buick Dealers when I got my oil changed, he said to go to the place where I had my car washed, that they caused it due to bad brushes scratching the paint. That it was not covered by warranty.

- Eva C., Saint Petersburg, US

Feb 012018

Verano LX V6

The paint on the top (roof) of the car and the top of the trunk looks awful. I've been told by Buick mechanic that the clear coat is bad. It's original paint job. I have argued with my local Buick dealer and Buick call center. The first rep at Buick call center who I talked with told me that it was indeed an issue and that Buick would repair it. He made an appointment for me with a local Buick dealer. So I took it to the dealer and they would not repair it and told me it was not covered with regular or extended warranty. When I called Buick to complain they just said that the first rep should not have told me they would repair it. It's embarrassing and just looks awful. Never had another car do this.

- jamiewhitehurst, Birmingham, US

Jan 012017

Verano

I contacted Buick about the problem after their body shop said it was a clear coat failure . I was told that it would not be their problem since they say it was painted by the Honda dealership I bought the car from. I have seen 3 other black Buick Veranos with the same paint problem,.. I really doubt it is a coincidence.

- Juanita O., Wesley Chapel, FL, US

Jul 142018

Verano Leather 2.4L

Car was used in international Auto Show, so was polished and wiped down all the time, making the clear coat thinner and thinner. Since purchased car it has been garaged and washed and waxed regularly. Was going to use this car for our down payment on a new Buick, since the paint is failing car is worth nothing. Would like GM to step up and do the right thing. Have always owned GM cars and never a problem.

- vtamen@att.net, Rancho Mirage, US

May 012017

click to see larger images

clear coat/paint peeling clear coat/paint peeling clear coat/paint peeling clear coat/paint peeling clear coat/paint peeling clear coat/paint peeling

This was my mom's car and has been very well taken care of. I’ve had it detailed and waxed but was told that they thought it needed buffing and possibly repainted. I’ve never had a problem with the paint with previous vehicles. The damage seems to be on the hood, top and trunk.

- Deanne C., Florence, US

Dec 152017

Verano

I bought this car new. A raised spot under the paint on the hood bubbled up,grew and then flaked off. Corrosion was evident. As time progressed, the rest of the hood became dull with cracks/scratches in the paint. Also the roof has dulled same as hood. Three body shops have told me it looks like paint or clear coat failure. It is still under warranty and the dealer ( Murfreesboro Buick Chevy GMC ) refuses to repair / repaint vehicle. I have bought five new GM products over the years. NO MORE! Honda / Toyota - HERE I COME!!

- Roger S., Nashville, TN, US