2015 Buick Verano steering NHTSA complaints: Steering

NHTSA — Steering Problems

7.2

2015 Buick Verano steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Buick Verano:

2015 Buick Verano Owner Comments

Dec 262016

Verano

I was driving normally, slowed down to make a left turn and the steering wheel locked up on me. I could not turn at all. I was in a lane of traffic at the time but fortunately on a private street. I called the Buick dealer and they suggested GM roadside assistance. I called GM roadside assistance and it took 2 hours for a tow truck to pick up the car. I had the flashers on the whole time and the battery was dead when the tow truck driver tried to start it. He jumped it and the steering wheel was still locked. It was towed to the dealer. The dealer told me the pin fell when it was not supposed to. They are checking out the car now. Thankfully I was not on the freeway or anywhere else as it could have been a disaster.

- Brea, CA, USA

Mar 252016

Verano

Steering feels like it wants to lock up on long trips. I traded in a 2012 Verano for the same problem. Dealership took over a month to get parts, so I traded it in. While driving on the freeway, it feels like when you try to stay in your lane, you barely move the steering wheel, and it feels as though it wants to lock up. Not a comfortable feeling, cause it can turn too much and cause an accident, death.

- Socorro, NM, USA