- June 13: General Motors Vehicles Recalled For Airbag Warning Lights recalls | 1 days ago
- June 2: GM Class Action Lawsuit Filed Over 'Destination Charges' news | 12 days ago
- April 13: GM Airbag Investigation Launched After Injuries investigations | 62 days ago
- March 24: Cadillac, Chevrolet and GMC Vehicles Have Seat Belt Issues recalls | 82 days ago
Cadillac TSB #PIP5331
2015 Cadillac ATS
Affected Component: EQUIPMENT ADAPTIVE/MOBILITY
- This Preliminary Information communication provides information to the technician on the steps to diagnose and repair vehicles with a rattle, tick, or knock type noise. Technician will use chassis ears to listen to the right and left side of the engine and isolate which bank the noise is from. Technician should now remove the piston and rod assemblies from the affected bank to inspect for a loose rod bushing in the rod, or a loose wrist pin in the bushing. There should be no metal through the oil and a piston and rod assembly will repair this noise. If technician finds metal refer to the latest version of PIP5216. If no wrist pins or bushings are found loose and all other diagnostics for this type of noise has been exhausted then engine replacement may be necessary.
Click a tab for more information.