- November 23: GM Airbag Recall To Cover 7 Million Vehicles recalls | 7 days ago
- November 23: GM Brake Vacuum Pump Lawsuit Dismissed news | 7 days ago
- November 18: General Motors Continental Tire Recall recalls | 12 days ago
- November 10: Cadillac SRX Rear Toe Link Adjusters Investigated investigations | 20 days ago
- November 5: Buick, Cadillac, Chevy and GMC Fuel Pump Problems recalls | 25 days ago
Cadillac TSB #PIC4935D
2003 Cadillac DeVille
Affected Component: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
- This Preliminary Information communication provides information to the technician about vehicles that during battery parasitic drain test, there may be some confusion as to what the normal power consumption reading should be from the OnStar system. Technician should understand the power cycles of the various OnStar systems. All Generation 6, 7, 8, and 9 systems are powered up continuously for 48 hours from ignition off. After 120 hours from ignition off, these systems then completely power off. The Onstar modules draw: * IGN ON - 240 to 400 Milliamp. * IGN OFF - 3 to 20 Milliamp for 48 hours or 120 hours on Gen 9 and vehicle communication platforms. * IGN OFF - 0.2 to 0.8 Milliamp after 48 hours or 120 hours on Gen 9 and vehicle communication platforms.
Click a tab for more information.