7.0

$8,500

1. replace engine (2 reports)
2009 Chrysler 300 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Chrysler 300:

2009 Chrysler 300 Owner Comments

Feb 282018

300 V6

This is my 3rd Dodge/Chrysler vehicle, but it will be my last! Have maintained this car for nearly 9 years following everything the owner's manual recommended. Never went more than 3000 miles without changing the oil.

In Feb of 2018 I started having trouble with the check engine light coming on. When mechanics checked it, I was told there was nothing wrong. One of my co-workers (and part time mechanic) took it and checked it out. One of the valves was stuck and he told me there was terrible sludge build-up in the engine. When I consulted car dealers to trade the car they were all very much aware of the V6 engine problem. Dodge/Chrysler knows too. But it's too important to their execs to fly around in lead jets than to actually give a crap about their customers. This is why more Americans are buying imports!! The American automobile industry just wants to get rich. Their warranties aren't worth the paper they are printed on. They have gotten the last of my almighty dollar.

The ONLY solution is to replace the engine. Trade value of the car at this point is absolutely $0!!

- kumajrb, Bloomfield, US

Jul 182016

300 Touring 2.7L

The car was ticking when I purchased it in 2010. I have not only had regular maintenance to include oil changes, tune ups etc...I took it in multiple times to the dealer and to Firestone for this noise only to be told nothing was wrong with it. Then all of a sudden 6 years later, there is sludge. I am pissed!

- carouslcrzy, Roanoke, VA, USA