- July 19: Jeep Liberty Gas Tank Fire Allegedly Caused Woman's Death news | 3 days ago
- July 14: Chrysler Recalls 2018 Dodge Journeys and Ram Trucks recalls | 8 days ago
- June 24: Chrysler Pacifica Engine Stall Lawsuit Won't Be Dismissed news | 28 days ago
- June 21: Chrysler Recalls Pacifica Minivans For Rollaway Risk recalls | 31 days ago
- June 20: Dodge Dart Clutch Class-Action Lawsuit a No-Go news | 32 days ago
Rusted Out Subframe
2005 Chrysler Pacifica (Page 1 of 2)
CarComplaints.com Notes: Engine cradle rot is a serious problem in the 2004-05 Chrysler Pacifica. Chrysler admits they didn't apply enough coating to the vehicle's sub-frame during assembly, but only offered to cover a very small portion of the vehicles they messed up.
So what happens when your engine cradle rots? Well, the engine could fall out for starters. It could also cause problems with the suspension and other components but did I mention THE ENGINE CAN FALL OUT? The worst part is you might not know because there's no way to see the problem without getting under the car.
If you have a 2004-05 Pacifica, make sure to have your mechanic inspect your sub-frame for rust and corrosion.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 133,550 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 23 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (13 reports)
- repair/replace frame (5 reports)
- replace frame, mounts (2 reports)
- replace subframe (2 reports)
- delete (1 reports)
body / paint problem