- May 23: Driveshafts Could Detach in Dodge Charger Pursuit Police Cars recalls | 0 days ago
- May 22: Ram 4500 and 5500 Trucks Recalled To Fix Brake Hoses recalls | 1 days ago
- May 22: Transmission Park Lock Rods Cause FCA Recall recalls | 1 days ago
- May 22: 2018 Jeep Compass SUVs Recalled To Replace Control Arms recalls | 1 days ago
- May 19: Chrysler Recalls 2018 Jeep Cherokees For Fuel Leaks recalls | 4 days ago
Rusted Out Subframe
2005 Chrysler Pacifica (Page 1 of 2)
CarComplaints.com Notes: Engine cradle rot is a serious problem in the 2004-05 Chrysler Pacifica. Chrysler admits they didn't apply enough coating to the vehicle's sub-frame during assembly, but only offered to cover a very small portion of the vehicles they messed up.
So what happens when your engine cradle rots? Well, the engine could fall out for starters. It could also cause problems with the suspension and other components but did I mention THE ENGINE CAN FALL OUT? The worst part is you might not know because there's no way to see the problem without getting under the car.
If you have a 2004-05 Pacifica, make sure to have your mechanic inspect your sub-frame for rust and corrosion.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 133,550 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 23 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (13 reports)
- repair/replace frame (5 reports)
- replace frame, mounts (2 reports)
- replace subframe (2 reports)
- delete (1 reports)
body / paint problem