- November 9: Jeep Wrangler Heater Core Replacement Lawsuit Challenged news | 11 days ago
- October 24: Mitsubishi Settles Lawsuit Over Auto Parts Price-Fixing Claims news | 27 days ago
- October 13: Chrysler Recalls 470,000 Cars and SUVs to Fix Head Restraint Issues recalls | 38 days ago
- October 12: Ram ProMaster City Vans Recalled to Replace Tire Placards recalls | 39 days ago
- October 11: Ohio Woman Dies in Fiery Jeep Liberty Rear-End Crash news | 40 days ago
2005 Chrysler Pacifica
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Engine cradle rot is a serious problem in the 2004-05 Chrysler Pacifica. Chrysler admits they didn't apply enough coating to the vehicle's sub-frame during assembly, but only offered to cover a very small portion of the vehicles they messed up.
So what happens when your engine cradle rots? Well, the engine could fall out for starters. It could also cause problems with the suspension and other components but did I mention THE ENGINE CAN FALL OUT? The worst part is you might not know because there's no way to see the problem without getting under the car.
If you have a 2004-05 Pacifica, make sure to have your mechanic inspect your sub-frame for rust and corrosion.
Worst 2005 Pacifica Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- body / paint problems58NHTSA complaints: 357
- engine problems51NHTSA complaints: 439
- electrical problems17NHTSA complaints: 88
- fuel system problems13NHTSA complaints: 107
- interior accessories problems11NHTSA complaints: 13
- suspension problems8NHTSA complaints: 157
- transmission problems7NHTSA complaints: 37
- drivetrain problems6NHTSA complaints: 74
- AC / heater problems5
- brakes problems4NHTSA complaints: 88
- steering problems3NHTSA complaints: 46
- cooling system problems2NHTSA complaints: 5
- exhaust system problems2NHTSA complaints: 5
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 26
- windows / windshield problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 47
- lights problemsNHTSA: 35
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 16
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 13
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chrysler Pacifica Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Pacifica compares to other years?
Check out our Chrysler Pacifica overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Pacifica.