- October 22: Headlight Problems Cause Jeep Grand Cherokee L Recall recalls | 3 days ago
- October 20: Is the Mopar Vehicle Protection Plan Worth It? Lawsuit Says No news | 5 days ago
- October 11: Dodge Dart Clutch Recall Needed, Alleges California Lawsuit news | 14 days ago
- September 26: Ram ProMaster City Vans Recalled Over Turn Signals recalls | 29 days ago
- September 26: Jeep Grand Cherokee L Recall: Rearview Camera Image Failures recalls | 29 days ago
Rusted Out Engine Cradle
2005 Chrysler Pacifica (Page 1 of 2)
CarComplaints.com Notes: Engine cradle rot is a serious problem in the 2004-05 Chrysler Pacifica. Chrysler admits they didn't apply enough coating to the vehicle's sub-frame during assembly, but only offered to cover a very small portion of the vehicles they messed up.
So what happens when your engine cradle rots? Well, the engine could fall out for starters. It could also cause problems with the suspension and other components but did I mention THE ENGINE CAN FALL OUT? The worst part is you might not know because there's no way to see the problem without getting under the car.
If you have a 2004-05 Pacifica, make sure to have your mechanic inspect your sub-frame for rust and corrosion.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 127,550 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 35 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (15 reports)
- replace engine cradle (15 reports)
- replace cradle (2 reports)
- welding (2 reports)
- replacement with used cradle (1 reports)
body / paint problem