- October 3: Jeep Wrangler Right-Hand-Drive SUVs Recalled recalls | 15 days ago
- September 30: Chrysler Active Head Restraint Investigation Opened investigations | 18 days ago
- September 30: Chrysler Lifetime Powertrain Warranty Class Action Lawsuit Transferred news | 18 days ago
- September 26: Chrysler Pacifica Uconnect Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 22 days ago
- September 21: Jeep Wrangler Frame Problems Lead to Investigation investigations | 27 days ago
Rusted Out Engine Cradle
2005 Chrysler Pacifica (Page 1 of 2)
CarComplaints.com Notes: Engine cradle rot is a serious problem in the 2004-05 Chrysler Pacifica. Chrysler admits they didn't apply enough coating to the vehicle's sub-frame during assembly, but only offered to cover a very small portion of the vehicles they messed up.
So what happens when your engine cradle rots? Well, the engine could fall out for starters. It could also cause problems with the suspension and other components but did I mention THE ENGINE CAN FALL OUT? The worst part is you might not know because there's no way to see the problem without getting under the car.
If you have a 2004-05 Pacifica, make sure to have your mechanic inspect your sub-frame for rust and corrosion.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 127,550 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 35 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (15 reports)
- replace engine cradle (15 reports)
- replace cradle (2 reports)
- welding (2 reports)
- replacement with used cradle (1 reports)
body / paint problem