- January 13: Chrysler Tire Valve Stem Class-Action Lawsuit Partially Dismissed news | 11 days ago
- January 11: Chrysler to Pay $800 Million Over EcoDiesel Jeeps and Rams news | 13 days ago
- January 10: FCA Recalls 1.6 Million Vehicles For Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 14 days ago
- December 9: 2019 Ram 1500 Trucks Recalled For Loose Sensors recalls | 46 days ago
- December 6: Alfa Romeo Giulia Recall Issued After Fires recalls | 49 days ago
Rusted Out Engine Cradle
2005 Chrysler Pacifica (Page 1 of 2)
CarComplaints.com Notes: Engine cradle rot is a serious problem in the 2004-05 Chrysler Pacifica. Chrysler admits they didn't apply enough coating to the vehicle's sub-frame during assembly, but only offered to cover a very small portion of the vehicles they messed up.
So what happens when your engine cradle rots? Well, the engine could fall out for starters. It could also cause problems with the suspension and other components but did I mention THE ENGINE CAN FALL OUT? The worst part is you might not know because there's no way to see the problem without getting under the car.
If you have a 2004-05 Pacifica, make sure to have your mechanic inspect your sub-frame for rust and corrosion.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 127,300 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 34 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (15 reports)
- replace engine cradle (14 reports)
- replace cradle (2 reports)
- welding (2 reports)
- replacement with used cradle (1 reports)
body / paint problem