- June 15: Jeep Wrangler 'Death Wobble' Lawsuit Blames Steering Dampers news | 1 days ago
- June 7: Chrysler Recalls 343,000 Ram 1500 Trucks recalls | 9 days ago
- June 2: Ram 1500 Recall Ordered For Broken Driveshafts recalls | 14 days ago
- May 28: Wrongful Death Lawsuit Blames 2007 Jeep Wrangler Design news | 19 days ago
- May 27: Fiat 500 Hatch Wiring Harness Lawsuit Says Hatches Won't Open news | 20 days ago
Rusted Out Engine Cradle
2005 Chrysler Pacifica (Page 1 of 2)
CarComplaints.com Notes: Engine cradle rot is a serious problem in the 2004-05 Chrysler Pacifica. Chrysler admits they didn't apply enough coating to the vehicle's sub-frame during assembly, but only offered to cover a very small portion of the vehicles they messed up.
So what happens when your engine cradle rots? Well, the engine could fall out for starters. It could also cause problems with the suspension and other components but did I mention THE ENGINE CAN FALL OUT? The worst part is you might not know because there's no way to see the problem without getting under the car.
If you have a 2004-05 Pacifica, make sure to have your mechanic inspect your sub-frame for rust and corrosion.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 127,300 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 34 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (15 reports)
- replace engine cradle (14 reports)
- replace cradle (2 reports)
- welding (2 reports)
- replacement with used cradle (1 reports)
body / paint problem