- July 14: Chrysler Recalls 2018 Dodge Journeys and Ram Trucks recalls | 2 days ago
- June 20: Dodge Dart Clutch Class-Action Lawsuit a No-Go news | 26 days ago
- May 25: Chrysler Recalls Nearly 5 Million Vehicles For Cruise Control Problems recalls | 52 days ago
- May 23: Driveshafts Could Detach in Dodge Charger Pursuit Police Cars recalls | 54 days ago
- May 22: Transmission Park Lock Rods Cause FCA Recall recalls | 55 days ago
2009 Dodge Ram 1500
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- engine stalls/dies while driving4
- loss of compression and engine knock3
- broken valve1
- drive belt squealing1
- engine failure1
- excessive oil consumption1
- occasional rough idle1
- seal & valve failure1
- NHTSA: Engine35
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control12
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling3
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Dodge Ram 1500 Model Years
Curious how the 2009 Ram 1500 compares to other years?
Check out our Dodge Ram 1500 overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Ram 1500.