Fiat Recall VB4: Shifter Cable Bushing May Detach From Transmission
2012 Fiat 500
If the shifter cable detaches from the transmission, the transmission may not shift into the gear selected by the driver. Additionally, despite selecting PARK with the shifter, the vehicle may roll away. These scenarios may increase the risk of a crash.
Power Train — Automatic Transmission — Lever And Linkage — Floor Shift
Power Train — Automatic Transmission
- Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain 2012-2013 Fiat 500 vehicles equipped with 6-speed automatic transmissions. The shifter cable bushing may fail allowing the cable to detach from the transmission.
- Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will replace the shifter cable adjuster, free of charge. The recall began January 9, 2020. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is VB4.
- Documents (6)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - 11/21/2019 New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – VB4
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - 11/19/2019 New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – VB4
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Click a tab for more information.