- January 19: 2019 Lincoln Nautilus Recall Issued For 2,700 SUVs recalls | 4 days ago
- January 6: Ford Swollen Lug Nuts Lawsuit Dismissed news | 17 days ago
- January 4: Ford Expands Takata Airbag Recalls by 953,000 Vehicles recalls | 19 days ago
- January 4: Ford EcoSport Recall Issued For 2019 Models recalls | 19 days ago
- December 30: Ford F-150 Transmission Lawsuit Says Reverse Doesn't Work news | 24 days ago
Ford Recall 99S19: Ford/Throttle Cable
1998 Ford Contour
This condition can result in the throttle sticking, binding, or causing high engine RPM.
Vehicle Speed Control
- Vehicle description: Passenger vehicles. The accelerator cable may have been manufactured with a burr on or near the end of the cable sleeve interior. This burr could fray the core wire resulting in the accelerator not returning to idle when the accelerator is released.
- Dealers will install a revised accelerator cable that has a flared conduit sleeve end and molded on end fitting.
- Documents (4)
Click a tab for more information.