- October 16: Ford F-250 and F-350 Tailgates Opening Without Warning investigations | 2 days ago
- October 12: Ford F-150 Brake Pedals Go to the Floors: Lawsuit news | 6 days ago
- October 10: Ford GT Recall Issued After Car Catches Fire recalls | 8 days ago
- October 10: Ford Fiesta and Focus Owners in Thailand Win PowerShift Case news | 8 days ago
- October 7: Ford Water Pump Class-Action Lawsuit Says Engines Fail news | 11 days ago
Ford Recall 99S19: Ford/Throttle Cable
1998 Ford Contour
This condition can result in the throttle sticking, binding, or causing high engine RPM.
Vehicle Speed Control
- Vehicle description: Passenger vehicles. The accelerator cable may have been manufactured with a burr on or near the end of the cable sleeve interior. This burr could fray the core wire resulting in the accelerator not returning to idle when the accelerator is released.
- Dealers will install a revised accelerator cable that has a flared conduit sleeve end and molded on end fitting.
- Documents (4)
Click a tab for more information.