- October 16: Ford F-250 and F-350 Tailgates Opening Without Warning investigations | 2 days ago
- October 12: Ford F-150 Brake Pedals Go to the Floors: Lawsuit news | 6 days ago
- October 10: Ford GT Recall Issued After Car Catches Fire recalls | 8 days ago
- October 10: Ford Fiesta and Focus Owners in Thailand Win PowerShift Case news | 8 days ago
- October 7: Ford Water Pump Class-Action Lawsuit Says Engines Fail news | 11 days ago
Ford Recall 00L07: Ford/FMVSS 303/Label
2000 Ford E-250
These vehicles do not comply with the requirements.
Equipment — Other — Labels
- Vehicle description: Bi-fuel CNG pickup trucks and bi-fuel CNG vans, modified by cfi control systems, Inc., fail to conform to the requirements of FMVSS no. 303, "fuel system integrity of compressed natural gas vehicles." The label affixed to the fuel filler door by the vehicle modifier contains the inspection date and expiration date of the CNG tank. However, it does not contain the statement "see instructions on the fuel container for inspection and service life."
- Owners will be provided a label with the required statement, along with instructions for affixing the label at the fuel filler door. Owner notification began November 2, 2000. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Ford at 1-800-392-3673.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.