- April 16: Ford Unintended Acceleration Class Action Lawsuit Dismissed news | 6 days ago
- April 14: Takata Airbag Recall Loaner Car Policies Lacking news | 8 days ago
- April 13: Driverless Cars: 66 Percent of Consumers Don't Want Them news | 9 days ago
- April 12: Ford Engine Block Heater Recall Ordered Over Cords recalls | 10 days ago
- March 22: Certain Automakers Slacking on Automatic Emergency Braking news | 31 days ago
Ford Recall : FMVSS 403/Anti-Stow Interlock/Ricon
2007 Ford E-250
A lift occupant can be injured should the lift begin to stow unintentionally.
- Quality van sales is recalling 18 MY 2005-2007 Ford E-250, MY 2006 Ford E-350 and Chevrolet express vans equipped with ricon platform style wheelchair lifts. These lifts fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no. 403, "platform lift systems for motor vehicles." The anti-stow interlock may not detect the presence of a wheelchair or mobility aid user. The pressure sensing switch that detects the presence of weight on the platform was not adjusted to the necessary sensitivity level. The lift could stow even though someone or something is still on the lift.
- Quality van sales is working with ricon to correct the wheelchair lifts free of charge (please see 07E095). Owners may contact ricon at 1-818-267-3000 or quality van sales at 1-800-408-8550.
- Documents (3)
Click a tab for more information.