- November 13: Ford 'Door Ajar' Light Class-Action Lawsuit Makes Headway news | 3 days ago
- November 9: Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Investigation Closed investigations | 7 days ago
- November 5: Ford Recalls Fusion and Lincoln MKZ Vehicles recalls | 11 days ago
- October 28: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Lawsuit Won't Be Dismissed news | 19 days ago
- October 24: Ford Focus Canister Purge Valve Recall Issued recalls | 23 days ago
Ford Recall : Wheelchair Lifts/Interlock Belt
2007 Ford E-250
The user of the lift could be injured should the lift move without the restraint belt properly buckled.
- Comm-trans is recalling certain model year 2007-2009 ada conversion vans built on Ford E-150, E-250, and E-350 chassis between December 7, 2007 and December 23, 2009 and fitted with ricon public use lifts. The restraint belt on these lifts was designed to prevent the lift from moving, unless the tongue of the belt is fully engaged and latched in the buckle. Ricon has discovered, however, that it is possible for the operator to insert the belt tongue into the buckle without fully engaging the latching mechanism. In this case, the restraint belt would appear to be latched, and the operator could run the lift. If the restraint belt tongue is not fully engaged into the restraint belt buckle, and latched, the lift may operate with an occupant on the platform.
- Comm-trans is working with ricon and ricon will be performing the remedy for this campaign. Please see ricon's defect report 09E-060. Ricon will provide customers with a warning decal and a dvd-based training aid. The safety recall began on July 6, 2010. Owners may contact ricon at 1-818-267-3000 or comm-trans at 1-901-726-9394.
- Documents (4)
Click a tab for more information.