- July 15: Ford Allegedly Knew About Defective Fiesta and Focus Transmissions news | 1 days ago
- July 12: Ford Recalls Ranger SuperCab Trucks For Faulty Seat Belts recalls | 4 days ago
- July 9: Ford Focus Canister Purge Valve Recall, Take 2 recalls | 7 days ago
- June 25: Ford Recalls Econolines That May Suddenly Lose Propulsion recalls | 21 days ago
- June 13: Ford Recalls F-150 Trucks That Received Faulty Recall Repairs recalls | 33 days ago
Ford Recall 16S46: Oil Leak From Turbocharger
2017 Ford Flex
An oil leak, in the presence of an ignition source, increases the risk of a fire.
Engine And Engine Cooling — Engine — Gasoline — Turbo-Charger
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2016 Ford Taurus, 2016-2017 Ford Flex, Lincoln MKT, 2017 Ford Explorer and Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility vehicles equipped with 3.5L GTDI engines. Improperly brazed turbocharger oil supply tubes may leak oil on engine components.
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will inspect, and if necessary, replace the turbocharger oil supply tubes, free of charge. The recall began on January 31, 2017. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 16S46.
- Documents (9)
- Media Statement
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-1
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)/TSB - December 20, 2016 SUBJECT: NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD - Safety Recall 16S46
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2017-4
Click a tab for more information.