- September 24: GMC Sierra Headlight Lawsuit Continues in California news | 1 days ago
- September 15: GM Recalls Vehicles 2nd Time For Loose Brake Pedals recalls | 10 days ago
- September 13: GM Recalls 1 Million Trucks and SUVs For Power Steering Problems recalls | 12 days ago
- September 12: GM Recalls 230,000 Vehicles For Brake Caliper Pistons recalls | 13 days ago
- August 29: Chevy Colorado and GMC Canyon 6L50 Transmissions Cause Lawsuit news | 27 days ago
GMC Recall 01042: GM/FMVSS 201/Console
2002 GMC Envoy
In the event of a crash, the console cover could open and the cover or items stored under it could injure an occupant.
Structure — Body
- Vehicle description: Certain sport utility vehicles fail to comply with requirements of FMVSS no. 201, "occupant protection in interior impacts." These vehicles have a console cover/armrest lid latch that could release at less than the 10G vertical load requirement of the standard.
- Dealers will replace the console latch mechanism and install a striker plate. Owner notification began July 16, 2001. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact GMC at 1-800-462-8782.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.