- December 11: Research Shows GM's Forward Crash Warning Systems Work news | 6 days ago
- November 27: GM CP4 Lawsuit Alleges Fuel Pumps 'Explode' news | 20 days ago
- November 23: GM Hard Brake Pedals and Vacuum Pumps Investigated investigations | 24 days ago
- November 6: General Motors Windshield Wiper Recall Investigated investigations | 41 days ago
- October 20: GMC Acadia Shift to Park Issues Cause Lawsuit news | 58 days ago
GMC Recall 01042: GM/FMVSS 201/Console
2002 GMC Envoy
In the event of a crash, the console cover could open and the cover or items stored under it could injure an occupant.
Structure — Body
- Vehicle description: Certain sport utility vehicles fail to comply with requirements of FMVSS no. 201, "occupant protection in interior impacts." These vehicles have a console cover/armrest lid latch that could release at less than the 10G vertical load requirement of the standard.
- Dealers will replace the console latch mechanism and install a striker plate. Owner notification began July 16, 2001. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact GMC at 1-800-462-8782.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.