- July 4: GMC Terrain and Chevrolet Equinox Oil Consumption Lawsuit news | 17 days ago
- June 25: SUV Crash Test Ratings For 2018 Models news | 26 days ago
- June 19: GM Recalls Vehicles With Fuel Pumps That Can Leak recalls | 32 days ago
- June 2: 2018 GMC Terrain Airbags May Fail in a Crash recalls | 49 days ago
- May 19: Fire Risk: GM Recalls Chevy Express and GMC Savana Vans recalls | 63 days ago
GMC Recall 01042: GM/FMVSS 201/Console
2002 GMC Envoy
In the event of a crash, the console cover could open and the cover or items stored under it could injure an occupant.
Structure — Body
- Vehicle description: Certain sport utility vehicles fail to comply with requirements of FMVSS no. 201, "occupant protection in interior impacts." These vehicles have a console cover/armrest lid latch that could release at less than the 10G vertical load requirement of the standard.
- Dealers will replace the console latch mechanism and install a striker plate. Owner notification began July 16, 2001. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact GMC at 1-800-462-8782.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.