- March 15: Chevy and GMC Air Conditioning Problems Target of Lawsuit news | 41 days ago
- February 20: GM Duramax Lawsuit Continues For Silverado and Sierra Owners news | 64 days ago
- February 19: GM Cracked Dash Lawsuit Includes SUVs and Trucks news | 65 days ago
- February 8: GM Wants Out of Recall of 6.8 Million Trucks and SUVs news | 76 days ago
- February 3: GM Vortec Engine Lawsuit Says Oil Consumption Problems Abound news | 81 days ago
GMC Recall 01042: GM/FMVSS 201/Console
2002 GMC Envoy
In the event of a crash, the console cover could open and the cover or items stored under it could injure an occupant.
Structure — Body
- Vehicle description: Certain sport utility vehicles fail to comply with requirements of FMVSS no. 201, "occupant protection in interior impacts." These vehicles have a console cover/armrest lid latch that could release at less than the 10G vertical load requirement of the standard.
- Dealers will replace the console latch mechanism and install a striker plate. Owner notification began July 16, 2001. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact GMC at 1-800-462-8782.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.