- July 4: GMC Terrain and Chevrolet Equinox Oil Consumption Lawsuit news | 11 days ago
- June 25: SUV Crash Test Ratings For 2018 Models news | 20 days ago
- June 19: GM Recalls Vehicles With Fuel Pumps That Can Leak recalls | 26 days ago
- June 2: 2018 GMC Terrain Airbags May Fail in a Crash recalls | 43 days ago
- May 19: Fire Risk: GM Recalls Chevy Express and GMC Savana Vans recalls | 57 days ago
GMC Recall : Wheelchair Lift Anti-Stow Interlock
2007 GMC Savana
The user of the lift could be injured should the lift move unintentionally.
- Main mobility is recalling 185 model year 2005 through 2009 Chevrolet express and GMC Savana vans manufactured between April 1, 2005 and June 25, 2009, equipped with ricon platform style wheelchair lifts. These vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no. 403, "platform lift installations in motor vehicles." The anti-stow interlock may not detect the presence of a wheelchair or mobility aid user. The pressure sensing switch that detects the presence of weight on the platform was not adjusted to the necessary sensitivity level. The lift could stow even though someone or something is still on the lift.
- Main mobility is working with ricon to correct the wheelchair lifts free of charge (please see 07E097). Owners may contact ricon at 1-818-267-3000 or main mobility at 1-716-759-6811.
- Documents (3)
Click a tab for more information.