- May 12: GM Class Action Lawsuit For Oil Consumption Dismissed news | 4 days ago
- May 7: GM Recalls Buick Enclave, Chevrolet Traverse and GMC Acadia recalls | 9 days ago
- April 25: GM Recalls Chevy Silverado 1500, Tahoe and GMC Sierra 1500 recalls | 21 days ago
- April 13: GM Airbag Investigation Launched After Injuries investigations | 33 days ago
- April 8: Chevy Colorados and GMC Canyons Recalled recalls | 38 days ago
GMC TSB #PIC4935D
2012 GMC Savana
Affected Component: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
- This Preliminary Information communication provides information to the technician about vehicles that during battery parasitic drain test, there may be some confusion as to what the normal power consumption reading should be from the OnStar system. Technician should understand the power cycles of the various OnStar systems. All Generation 6, 7, 8, and 9 systems are powered up continuously for 48 hours from ignition off. After 120 hours from ignition off, these systems then completely power off. The Onstar modules draw: * IGN ON - 240 to 400 Milliamp. * IGN OFF - 3 to 20 Milliamp for 48 hours or 120 hours on Gen 9 and vehicle communication platforms. * IGN OFF - 0.2 to 0.8 Milliamp after 48 hours or 120 hours on Gen 9 and vehicle communication platforms.
Click a tab for more information.