- April 25: GM Recalls Chevy Silverado 1500, Tahoe and GMC Sierra 1500 recalls | 10 days ago
- April 13: GM Airbag Investigation Launched After Injuries investigations | 22 days ago
- April 8: Chevy Colorados and GMC Canyons Recalled recalls | 27 days ago
- April 2: GM Headlight Failure Investigation Closed investigations | 33 days ago
- March 31: Chevrolet Express and GMC Savana Owners: Park Outside recalls | 35 days ago
GMC TSB #PIT5206C
2012 GMC Savana
Affected Component: POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION:CONTROL MODULE (TCM, PCM)
- This Preliminary Information communication provides information to the technician with the steps on diagnosing and repairing vehicles that may have unwanted grade braking, reduced engine power with no Driver Information Center messages ? Brake Pedal Override Feature ?, transmission busy or frequent shifting up or down, and Diagnostic Trouble Codes P057B, P057C, and/or P057D may or may not be set. Technician will use this preliminary information to find the brake pedal position data parameters in the scan tool, and also to provide some additional diagnostic help. These issues may be caused by an incorrect brake pedal position sensor input to the engine control module. Technician will verify with the scan tool if the engine control module has the correct parameters for the brake pedal position sensor. If an engine control module brake pedal position sensor relearn is performed, the truck may be temporarily repaired until the intermittent wiring issue between the engine control module and brake pedal position sensor occurs again. On 2014 and newer trucks inspect and repair any damage to X115 and X119. On the 2014 and previous trucks inspect and repair any damage to X205.
Click a tab for more information.