ANNOUNCEMENT: The Car Book 2018 is now online!

7.4

$680

1. replace tail light assembly (15 reports)
  3. replace complete taillight (2 reports)
  4. replace wiring (1 reports)
2015 GMC Yukon lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 GMC Yukon:

2015 GMC Yukon Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Yukon

So does anyone have the phone number to call and report it, so there is a list going? This is ridiculous. Why isn't there a lawsuit yet? If anyone has a solution on how to get GMC to cover it, I'm all ears.

- Liz D., Palm Beach Gardens, US

May 142018

Yukon SLE 5.3L

Passenger side rear LED light assembly went out. Dealer wanted $700 for part plus labor to take out and put new in. Suppose to last for 50,000 Hours. Mine lasted about 1400 hours. Use to be able to just put in new bulb. Not any more. The whole assembly or nothing.

- Chris H., Kirkwood, US

Sep 112018

Yukon Denali

The electrical system in our 2015 has never been right since we purchased our 2015 Yukon XL Denali. The screen would flicker, the running boards were continually moving up and down on their own, and now the wiring assembly in our taillight will cost us $775!!

- Debra M., Smyrna, DE, US

Nov 202016

Yukon SLT 5.4L

We have purchased 7 taillights for the car since have had it. how is this not a recall? There is thousands of complaints on this same issue.

- Josh S., Whitesburg, TN, USA

Dec 152016

Yukon SLT V8

I only recently learned that this was a common problem with my model vehicle. At the time, I was told the bulb went out, and was shocked to learn that something so small meant I needed an whole, new $800 assembly.

- Yvonne I., Naples, FL, US

Dec 252017

Yukon Denali V8

Christmas day on the way to family another Yukon pulls up to get our attention tells us our drivers side brake light is out. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't, mostly it doesn't. Will have to replace the entire unit part cost $500.00. Not including labor. Had a tech look at it told me it acted like a short, checked all wiring and found a spot that if he held it tight, the light worked. Can't drive and hold the light. All connections seem ok. I see so many Yukon's with brake lights not working. I know GMC knows about this I am waiting for the passenger side to go out. What next GM waits until enough people get rear ended because of no brake lights. Really this sucks! Hopefully they will admit to bad design and get this fixed before someone gets rear ended and killed.

- klwilki292, Lake City, US

Jul 172018

Yukon

I am very unhappy with my purchase of a 2015 GMC Yukon. At 3 years old I have had to fix the AC. Now the taillights are not working properly. In my research it is a KNOWN problem on GMC's side. It's infuriating to know I spent so much money on a LEMON!

- Jinjer D., Yukon, US

May 052018

Yukon

Apparently, this right tail light is a problem on 2015 GMC Yukon. Now I wonder if it is a wiring problem. I unplugged, and replugged.

- Colin C., Fallston, MD, US

Mar 012018

Yukon XL

Really upset there seems to be complaints about this problem with the brake light not working and there's no recall on it. This is my rear passenger light. Replacing the entire tail light for $800 seems ludicrous, will be making a complaint to GM as well. I had such a good experience with GMs in the past, I'm really surprised this is happening! I will be replacing with aftermarket rather than going through the dealer for one, as it's cheaper to buy 2! Installation is super easy and I am no mechanic! I can't imagine having to replace both!

- Melissa B., Carstairs, AB, Canada

May 042018

Yukon 5.3L

Our 30 month old 2015 GMC Yukon tail lights failed. No help from GM or the dealer and GM knows this is a big problem and has so far ignored. The lights are sealed units and not repairable by the average jo. GM has some how avoided a class action lawsuit so far despite the safety issues and it makes me sick there is no recall. A $65000 vehicle should not need new $1200 tail lights every 2-3 years. It appears it is a a problem with 15-18 year models Yukon, Tahoe. This is our 3rd Yukon and will be our last and last GM car. The lack of interest by the dealer and GM as I have tried to have this issue resolved has been sickening. I am trying to get the word out on every car complaint, review sight I can find. STAY AWAY FROM 2015-18 YUKONS.

- Scott V., Chandler, AZ, US

Apr 292018

Yukon SLT V8

tail light problems seem to be common with 2015 Yukon. very expensive repair, wondering how long until other side stops working.

- Ron S., Los Gatos, CA, US

Mar 082018

Yukon XL V8

Crazy to spend almost a grand on a taillight for a 3 year old car! I've seen many Yukons with taillights out, it's a manuf problem and a recall should take place.

- Cyrus V., Nashville, US

Apr 102017

Yukon SLE V8

If we all have this problem since 2015 how come nothing has been done about it.

Both tail lights in my truck have to be replace for 1600 dollars

- Erik H., Houston, TX, US

Nov 152017

Yukon SLT 5.0L

This is not covered under the extended warranty because they say it's a light element or bulb. If its just a bulb, why does it require the entire right rear light assembly to be replaced and cost over $750. This is a design flaw. There is no way this unit should be bad at just two years old.

- Bill W., Jacksonville, US

Aug 032016

Yukon SLT 5.3L

In Feb 2016, my right side tail light went out. It was covered under Warranty. In Aug 2017 my left side tail light went out and within days the right side went out again. I took it to the dealer (140 miles away) and they said it would cost $750. per tail light to replace. $1,500. out of pocket, no other option. Barely out of warranty. The Dealer gave me a toll free number to GM and GM said they could offer no help as it was out of warranty and it was not something they had any complaints on. Went on line, found after market tail lights for less than $500. for the pair. They look better and work! I have made a complaint to GM and of course, they do not like the after market idea. I had my tail light go out of my 2014 Sierra PU about the same time and I replaced the bulb for about $3. What were they thinking? I understand that GM needs to make a profit but $750 for a tail light is excessive.

- Woody I., Hawthorne, US

Yukon SLT

Now the Right Brake light is not working properly because of bad wiring but now I am out of warranty!! 2015 is not a good year for this vehicle!

- Leslie T., Camarillo, US

Aug 042017

Yukon SLT

Wiring on the brake light is faulty causing the light to work on and off.

- Leslie T., Camarillo, US

Yukon

I have a 2015 Yukon XL SLT. My tail lights have been a pain to replace. Earlier this year my right side tail light went out and had to be replace and now it is the driver side tail light that has to be replaced. I do not know whose idea it was to have to replace the whole light in order for the light to work. If I would have known this buying a 63,000 car I would have chosen another one. Do not let the head lights go out. I heard they were over a thousand to replace.

- Melania R., Williamsburg, US

Jul 012017

Yukon SLT 5.3L

The right side rear(passenger) light is not working. I replaced the bulb several times to no avail. After several written warnings from police departments I took it to the dealer. I was told that it was the entire light assembly with a price of 600 hundred dollars. I know of six others that have had the same problem as I am having. All six were the right rear passenger assembly. Why is this not covered with the warranty? My vehicle is a 2015 Yukon.

- Glafiro S., Del Rio, US

May 012017

Yukon SLT 5.3L V8

Two year old 2015 Yukon with failing LED tail light. Only way to fix is to replace the entire assembly that costs over $600.00!!! Ridiculous! Not under warranty as I was over mileage. Other problems as well that I have posted separately. Do not buy a 2015 GM Tahoe or Yukon!

- Jim N., Dacula, US