2016 Honda Civic AC / heater problems: poor calibration of automatic climate control

Poor Calibration Of Automatic Climate Control

2016 Honda Civic

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.

6.0

2016 Honda Civic AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Honda Civic:

2016 Honda Civic Owner Comments

May 312016

Civic EX-T 1.5L

• CVT transmission

I have a 2016 Civic EX-T that has an issue with the A/C. In a nutshell, A/C blows hot when sitting in bumper to bumper traffic. I have taken it to the dealer three times now. They have replaced the high line with no results. They are waiting on a new compressor now. In conversations witth the service manager at my dealership, it appears that they and Honda corporate are going through a process of elimination to figure out what's wrong using my vehicle. I've found others with the same or similar issue on a Civic forum online. It appears that this problem is more widespread. My patience is wearing thin since it's been in for service for almost 2 weeks now. Next steps are proceeding with filing a lemon law case in my state.

- pablidito, Manassas, VA, US

May 012016

Civic LX

• CVT transmission

The automatic climate control system appears to be calibrated wrong. In the morning when the temperature is low 40's to low 50's I have to have the system on 58 to 60 degrees with the a/c on to do anything. It's worse when it's hot - barely cools the car. Automatic keeps recirculation air in the car on for the entire length of any trip when it's in the 80's. I have a 2005 Lexus SUV that has an automatic climate control that works instantaneously - so I know what I'm doing with this kind of system. I believe that: 1. I have a one time issue or 2. you will be seeing a lot more climate control complaints.

- jackson, Reno, NV, US