- January 22: Study Says Hyundai and Kia Vehicles Suffer More Fires news | 1 days ago
- January 17: Hyundai Engine Warranty Extension For Sonata, Santa Fe Sport news | 6 days ago
- January 17: Hyundai Engine Replacement Recalls May Have Failed recalls | 6 days ago
- December 23: Hyundai Elantra Recall Ordered To Fix Faulty Sunroofs recalls | 31 days ago
- December 17: Hyundai and Kia Engine Fires Lead to Lawsuit news | 37 days ago
Hyundai Recall 172: ABS Module May Short Circuit
2009 Hyundai Azera
An electrical short within the ABS Module may cause an engine compartment fire, even when the car is turned off, increasing the risk of an injury.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Antilock
- Hyundai Motor America (Hyundai) is recalling certain 2006-2011 Hyundai Azera and 2006 Hyundai Sonata vehicles. Water may enter the Anti-lock Brake (ABS) Module and result in an electrical short.
- Hyundai will notify owners, and dealers will install a relay in the vehicle's main junction box to prevent the risk of an ABS short-circuit while the car is turned off, free of charge. The recall began on February 19, 2018. Owners may call Hyundai at 1-800-633-5151. Hyundai's number for this recall is 172.
- Documents (4)
Click a tab for more information.