- December 23: Hyundai Elantra Recall Ordered To Fix Faulty Sunroofs recalls | 24 days ago
- December 17: Hyundai and Kia Engine Fires Lead to Lawsuit news | 30 days ago
- November 24: Hyundai and Kia Fire Lawsuit Says Oil Sludge Ruins Engines news | 53 days ago
- November 22: Hyundai Sonata Engine Failure Lawsuit news | 55 days ago
- November 9: Hyundai and Kia Vehicle Fires Put on Back Burner news | 68 days ago
Hyundai Recall 163: Secondary Hood Latch May Bind And Not Latch
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
If the hood is not securely closed or the primary latch is inadvertently released and the secondary latch is not engaged, the hood could unexpectedly open while driving, increasing the risk of a vehicle crash.
Latches/Locks/Linkages — Hood — Latch
- Hyundai Motor America (Hyundai) is recalling certain 2013-2017 Santa Fe and Santa Fe Sport vehicles. In the affected vehicles, the secondary hood latch actuating cable may corrode and bind, causing the secondary hood latch to remain in the unlatched position when the hood is closed.
- Hyundai will notify owners, and dealers will replace the secondary latch cable, free of charge. The recall began on August 4, 2017. Owner's may contact Hyundai customer service at 1-855-671-3059. Hyundai's number for the recall is 163.
- Documents (7)
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-4
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: July 12, 2017 Subject: Recall 163: Santa Fe and Santa Fe Sport Secondary Latch Cable (TSB #17-01-050)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - NUMBER 17-01-050 DATE JULY, 2017
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-3
Click a tab for more information.