2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport:

2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Owner Comments

Oct 282017

Santa Fe Sport LX 2.0t

This SUV, Thornhill Hyundai and Hyundai Canada have been a nightmare since the day I signed the contract to buy the luxury Santa Fe. Last October 2017 when driving, multiple warning lights came on it was a multiple system failure with all my sensors. As a consequence my turn signals were rendered inoperative. I took the car to Gyro Hyundai who did a system check and advised me to take it back to the dealer I bought it from, which was Thornhill Hyundai.

6 months prior to this, my car was in the body shop being repaired for damage to the front grill. I thought maybe the Fall cooling temperature may have triggered a loose connection with one of the sensors in the front of the car. The body shop checked it out and all the connections appeared to be good. I brought the car to Thornhill Hyundai and it’s been there since October 2017. I was forced to pay for a right rear lane change sensor and some bodywork for over $3200 that did not correct the problem.

Hyundai Canada said that it was a dealer issue and Thornhill Hyundai stated that they are waiting for instructions from Hyundai Canada. . Thornhill Hyundai has loan me vehicles but they are not equivalent to a 2017 fully loaded Santa Fe. About a month ago they gave me my car back. We went for a test drive and then the climate control wasn’t working and then the same sensor failure occurred a couple of days later. They have replaced the wiring harness and other items and now there is another part ordered from Korea called a body control module.

Meanwhile I’m stuck paying over $760 a month for a vehicle I’m not driving. I’ve lost faith in the reliability of my Santa Fe and would like a different comparable vehicle or my money back. I would really appreciate your help in resolving this issue.

- Mark S., toronto, ON, Canada