ANNOUNCEMENT: The Car Book 2018 is now online!

2015 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid:

2015 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Owner Comments

Oct 252016

Sonata Hybrid

car stops while driving and wheel locks

As I was driving down the road, a warning sign appears in my dash that says DO NOT DRIVE.... mean while im already driving.... cars starts to stall and wheel locks. I get the car towed to the dealership that night and the next day... which is today I am waiting for someone to call and ask me what happens and nothing... So I decided to drive there and what do I see..... my car sitting on the side like no one cares that is there... when I go in I find out that there is only 1 person that works on hybrids and they don't know when they will be able to take a look at it... oh and lets not forget they don't do loaner cars.. I just bought this car 1 year ago from this same dealership...they cant give me any type of estimate of when the tech will be able to look at my car... this is very BAD SERVICE!!! Why would my car stop driving after having it only a year?????

- Jasmine B., Louisburg, NC, USA

Feb 012016

Sonata Hybrid Limited 2.4L With Elecrtric

This is a huge safety issue, If a car stalls or refuses to accelerate for 2 seconds when you need to get out of the way of a truck, I would call it a death machine.

- Terrence H., Cherry Hill, NJ, US