- October 14: Hyundai Kia Fire Recall Needed, Says Safety Group news | 4 days ago
- August 28: Hyundai and Kia Fires Occuring Without Collisions investigations | 51 days ago
- August 17: Genesis G80 Recalled For Passenger Airbag Problems recalls | 62 days ago
- July 29: Hyundai Elantra Engine Ticking Noise From Pistons: Lawsuit news | 81 days ago
- July 28: Hyundai Santa Fe Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 82 days ago
Hyundai Recall 061: Hyundai Caribbean/Brake Tube Wear And Corrosion
2003 Hyundai Tiburon
Contact between the rear brake tubes and the steering gearbox mounting brackets may result in rear brake tube wear and corrosion, increasing the risk of brake fluid leakage. Brake fluid leakage could result in reduced braking capability, which could result in a crash.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Foundation Components — Hoses, Lines/Piping, And Fittings
- On certain passenger vehicles, the brake tubes for the rear brakes can contact the steering gearbox mounting brackets.
- Dealers will reposition the rear brake tubes, install brake tube clips, and apply anti-corrosion material to the rear brake tubes. Owner notification began January 22, 2004. Owners should contact Hyundai of puerto rico at 1-800-633-5151.
- Documents (8)
Click a tab for more information.