- March 24: Hyundai Recalls Sonata Plug-In Hybrids For Power Loss recalls | 30 days ago
- March 17: Hyundai and Kia Airbag Failures Kill 4, Injure 6 investigations | 37 days ago
- March 8: Hyundai Recalls Sonatas to Fix Non-Deploying Airbags recalls | 46 days ago
- February 24: Hyundai Santa Fe Steering Wheels Can Fall Off: Recall recalls | 58 days ago
- February 19: Hyundai/Kia Engine Lawsuit Says Theta II Engines Defective news | 63 days ago
Hyundai Recall 061: Hyundai Caribbean/Brake Tube Wear And Corrosion
2003 Hyundai Tiburon
Contact between the rear brake tubes and the steering gearbox mounting brackets may result in rear brake tube wear and corrosion, increasing the risk of brake fluid leakage. Brake fluid leakage could result in reduced braking capability, which could result in a crash.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Foundation Components — Hoses, Lines/Piping, And Fittings
- On certain passenger vehicles, the brake tubes for the rear brakes can contact the steering gearbox mounting brackets.
- Dealers will reposition the rear brake tubes, install brake tube clips, and apply anti-corrosion material to the rear brake tubes. Owner notification began January 22, 2004. Owners should contact Hyundai of puerto rico at 1-800-633-5151.
- Documents (8)
Click a tab for more information.