- July 2: Hyundai and Kia Theta II Engine Fires Under Investigation investigations | 20 days ago
- June 12: Hyundai and Kia Engine Fires Should Be Investigated investigations | 40 days ago
- June 8: Kia Recalls 507,000 Fortes, Optimas and Sedonas recalls | 44 days ago
- May 31: Genesis G80 and G90 Cars Could Lose Windshields and Windows recalls | 52 days ago
- May 10: Hyundai Recalls Ioniq Hybrids To Repair Oil Seals recalls | 73 days ago
Hyundai Recall 061: Hyundai Caribbean/Brake Tube Wear And Corrosion
2003 Hyundai Tiburon
Contact between the rear brake tubes and the steering gearbox mounting brackets may result in rear brake tube wear and corrosion, increasing the risk of brake fluid leakage. Brake fluid leakage could result in reduced braking capability, which could result in a crash.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Foundation Components — Hoses, Lines/Piping, And Fittings
- On certain passenger vehicles, the brake tubes for the rear brakes can contact the steering gearbox mounting brackets.
- Dealers will reposition the rear brake tubes, install brake tube clips, and apply anti-corrosion material to the rear brake tubes. Owner notification began January 22, 2004. Owners should contact Hyundai of puerto rico at 1-800-633-5151.
- Documents (8)
Click a tab for more information.