- January 22: Study Says Hyundai and Kia Vehicles Suffer More Fires news | 1 days ago
- January 17: Hyundai Engine Warranty Extension For Sonata, Santa Fe Sport news | 6 days ago
- January 17: Hyundai Engine Replacement Recalls May Have Failed recalls | 6 days ago
- December 23: Hyundai Elantra Recall Ordered To Fix Faulty Sunroofs recalls | 31 days ago
- December 17: Hyundai and Kia Engine Fires Lead to Lawsuit news | 37 days ago
Hyundai Recall 061: Hyundai Caribbean/Brake Tube Wear And Corrosion
2003 Hyundai Tiburon
Contact between the rear brake tubes and the steering gearbox mounting brackets may result in rear brake tube wear and corrosion, increasing the risk of brake fluid leakage. Brake fluid leakage could result in reduced braking capability, which could result in a crash.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Foundation Components — Hoses, Lines/Piping, And Fittings
- On certain passenger vehicles, the brake tubes for the rear brakes can contact the steering gearbox mounting brackets.
- Dealers will reposition the rear brake tubes, install brake tube clips, and apply anti-corrosion material to the rear brake tubes. Owner notification began January 22, 2004. Owners should contact Hyundai of puerto rico at 1-800-633-5151.
- Documents (8)
Click a tab for more information.