2016 Hyundai Veloster brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Hyundai Veloster:

2016 Hyundai Veloster Owner Comments

Aug 082017

Veloster Turbo

On August 8, 2016 at 12:30 PM , I was parking ( front parking) my Veloster in front of my building in Co-op City New York. I was parking it so I could make a phone call to my mother in her apartment . While my foot was still on the brake and before I could turn the car off, the car lunged at an accelerated rate and crashed into a park car, ( angle parked). Since the parked car was angled parked my car hit the back side door on the driver's side. The impact was so bad that the car I crashed into hit the other car which was also angled park in the side. This car caused me to hit two cars. This is a dangerous car. I was lucky that nobody but me was present, Of course, I told the police and they took pictures and made a report. I was also able to contact one of the car owner in the accident and she couldn't believe it. When I went the next day to pick up the police report, the car lunged forward while I had the foot on the brake, but I was able to stop it from crashing into anything. Nationwide Insurance is fixing my car at one of the garages which certifies Hyundai's . However, I am afraid of this car. I like everything else about the Veloster, However this car is going to kill somebody!

- Joyce S., Bronx New York, US