2016 Hyundai Veloster electrical problems: security alarm sounds unintentionally

Security Alarm Sounds Unintentionally

2016 Hyundai Veloster

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Hyundai dealer.

4.0

2016 Hyundai Veloster electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Hyundai Veloster:

2016 Hyundai Veloster Owner Comments

Sep 052016

Veloster

Just returned from a week in Cali & only had 4 hrs sleep after driving 13 hrs straight. Alarm started going off without any provocation every two minutes!! I am a single woman with no idea what to do. I locked & un-locked the car with the fob/manually on the door/with the key. I went around & made sure all the door/hatchback/hood were closed properly and because it was labor day, Hyundai said sorry, NO service personal available to help/give suggestions on how this could be resolved. I asked her to pleeeease ask one of the sales guys. She said sorry, they didn't know either. Luckily, I have a terrific ex-husband who came over after 2 HOURS of having to shut this thing off EVERY 2 MINUTES, who dis-connected the battery:(. Sucks that I have to reset everything in the a.m.

I think a guy would automatically KNOW how to have resolved this, but I sure didn't, nor do most women have the tool needed to loosen the battery cable bolt.

- Julie R., Mesa, AZ, US